Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

There will be lots of talk of how we are all Texas's B****, but lets look at the initial reports

1) Schools like ISU, Baylor and K-state, who really might have been screwed (I like K-state's odds the best), are now looking to have thier conference fees double. Obliion to a huge raise, not bad.

2) Apparetnly A&M and OU get about as much or as much as UT. So UT is not at some massive advantage there

3) Longhorns could have their own network... Well, they have by far the most fans. Baylors brings basically nothing, but gets 2/3 what Texas does. Sounds like a good deal to me. If theirown network still leaves the rest of us with money close to or on par with the SEC

4) We get to keep most of our rivals. I know the Pac 16 was a little sexier, but Ihappen to like our old rivals in their roles and am glad to have em....

Could the whole thing fall to crap in 5-10 years, maybe... That is a distinct possibility... But I am glad our old Big 8 is mostly together. Will miss the Huskers, but I think the Big 10 should be nice for you all minus the loss of a lot of your own historical rivals, best wishes...

What's funny is people seem to think that just because a move was right for us, it means a move was right for everyone.

Some of those schools really had no option at all and the Big XII staying together is a great deal. Every school in the Big XII will be getting more money with the new media deal - baseline wins right there. For some of those schools looking to move to the Pac-10, the grass wasn't really all that greener, especially with the Big XII staying together and giving out more money.

The move was still good for us for a lot of reasons. I have no idea for Colorado, though they've always looked towards the Pac-10, so it's probably good for them. And I don't really see how this makes anyone in the Big XII Texas' bitches, because again, the move wasn't nearly as smart with the new deals from the Big XII.

I'll give it at most till the Big Ten and Sec renegotiate their TV contracts before this stuff starts all over again and Texas starts looking for a way out with their network already established. The big 12 has been in perpetual catch-up mode in TV and Bowl arrangements for a long time... and its not going to get better. When that day comes if you thought the north teams were in a vulnerable position now, it'll be interesting then... especially if the big 10 expands to 16 with east teams in the next 18 months.

I hope it works out well for the old big 8 teams, sincerely, but I have my doubts that selling their soul twice will end well for anyone but the devil of the conference.

Very happy for KU. I would have been pissed if KU ended in the Mountain West.

One thing to point out in your OP, UT will get much more money than OU and A&M. OU and A&M will get around 20 million while UT will get somewhere between 22 and 25 million plus have the ability to start their own tv network....adding another 3 to 6 million.

Texas got everything they wanted. A lot more money and total control.

Right, because KU had a lot of options... :facepalm:

Facing a non-BCS conference when Texas leaves, but Texas stays and suddenly KU is still in a BCS conference AND they're now making more money than before. Exactly what was KU supposed to do and how has their situation suddenly worsened from when the Big XII was about to dissolve and they were going nowhere fast?

I just dont understand how they can come with this number on how much they will be making since they dont have a new TV contract. It is in place until 2015 and you better hope that OK or UT play for a National title in the next couple of years or you can kiss that huge payday out the window. I wouldnt really say the other schools are Texas bitch but they didnt really have any other place to go and make that kind of money if its true.

In the end, I am happy for them. There was absolutely nothing else the former Big 12 north schools could do.

Non-conference scheduling is potentially a key to all of this in that these schools cannot schedule patsies near as easily as they could before due to the slightly diminished SOS in the Big 12/-2 now. I think OU might have that covered pretty well, but I haven't looked at the other teams.

Right, because KU had a lot of options... :facepalm:

Facing a non-BCS conference when Texas leaves, but Texas stays and suddenly KU is still in a BCS conference AND they're now making more money than before. Exactly what was KU supposed to do and how has their situation suddenly worsened from when the Big XII was about to dissolve and they were going nowhere fast?

KU (and ISU, TTU, A&M, OSU, OU, et al.) had the option of working with Nebraska all these years and stood up to Texas and their arrogant "gimme-gimme-gimme" attitude like NU did. Instead, their AD/Prez's were all googly-eyed with Texas and voted the way of the Longhorns in every facet of the conference. They had the option to see thru the smoke and mirrors UT had been throwing up all those years but instead they chose not to. Yeah they've had several options over the years. Unfortunately for them, they chose unwisely.

Bottome line...they were whored out....w.h.o.r.e.d....o.u.t. by their leadership.

• Fire 1