ISU, KSU, Mizzou, BU handing over buyout???

Posted by John Taylor on June 15, 2010 1:52 PM ET

Perhaps the biggest news coming out commissioner Dan Beebe's press conference this afternoon -- other than the fact that Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Baylor and Iowa State are officially the rest of the Big 12's biznatches -- is the fact that there is no new television in place for the Big 12.

:laughpound

All of the Big 12 programs have become something less than a collegiate sports team.

There is something horribly sterilizing about these schools bending to UT/OU/aTm like this. They went from being competitors to punching bags. I don't see how anyone could be a fan of teams that do this, knowing that your existence is solely for the big schools to run a train on and then take your money on top of it. It isn't even like they're taking money though... The schools are signing it away! It is such a terrible sign of weakness that I don't know how any fans would be able to put up with that.

I would rather have my team play in a non-BCS conference and be competitive than be broke and far below .500 every year in a tyrannical BCS conference. It is about spirit and love of the sport and the competition. The Big 12 embodies the worst of the way college sports are going.

Well i have now read/heard 3 presidents/ADs' from 3 diffent BIG12 schools say this is false. TX, OSU & MU. And now i am seeing this, Big 12's leftover 5 will NOT be paying any buyout money they receive to Texas, OU, Texas A&M, per Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda.

could it be that bebee and the media is still clueless....

for any lawyer huskers on here, i have a question about the buy-out. a contract cannot stipulate a 'penalty', no court would uphold such a condition. so often the contract makers will stipulate 'liquidated damages'. the amount that is foreseeable and the conference will incur by our early departure. now for my question: if the big 12 will receive a greater revenue even without NU and CU, then would not the liquidated damages be nonexistent, because the foreseeable loss will not come to fruition? remedies was not my greatest class, but i was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts...

Doesn't matter, since the future damages are speculative. The argument will be made that conference revenues would be significantly greater with colorado and Nebraska. Big12 litigation attorneys will argue that the new television contract was already in the works. To be honest, I see Colorado and Nebraska paying penalties for leaving, but they will not be the full amount.

Once again, these schools prove that they are only sheep. When do they make rules changing how the game is played for Texass, so that they won't have to go a full hundred yards to score, or they get 5 downs on each series? Maybe they should also get 10 points for a Touchdown and 4 points for a point after? :nutz