ISU, KSU, Mizzou, BU handing over buyout???

This is what Dan Beebe said during the Big 12 teleconference about an hour ago. Add KU to the mix, they are handing every penny to OU, Texas and Texas A&M.

facepalm.gifcmlaugh.gifnutkick.gif

If i was those teams i would strongly reconsider the Big 12. If the rest of the north division leaves the Big 12 won't exist anymore no payout penalty. They would do that if they were smart and had any integrity left.

How about:

NU fights the buy out tooth and nail

or

NU will not fight, but only if the 5 step children (BU, KU, KSU, ISU and MU) splits the money evenly

Gores UTerus one more time and shows the the other schools how we feel about them

This would be great to inject ourselves into something that is not our fight, just to show the rest of the schools there is nothing to be affraid of.

This is what Dan Beebe said during the Big 12 teleconference about an hour ago. Add KU to the mix, they are handing every penny to OU, Texas and Texas A&M.

facepalm.gifcmlaugh.gifnutkick.gif

If i was those teams i would strongly reconsider the Big 12. If the rest of the north division leaves the Big 12 won't exist anymore no payout penalty. They would do that if they were smart and had any integrity left.

How about:

NU fights the buy out tooth and nail

or

NU will not fight, but only if the 5 step children (BU, KU, KSU, ISU and MU) splits the money evenly

Gores UTerus one more time and shows the the other schools how we feel about them

This. This 100x over.

this might be true:

... I wouldn't be shocked in the least if keeping the Big 12 another year was simply to collect some extra cash now by the departure of CU and Nebraska. I mean, this IS Texas we're talking about.
from the hawkeye forum.

Meanwhile on the Texass Board, they are trying to figure out how to squeeze every dollar out of Nebraska and Colorado.

I wish KU/ksu would get together and just say to hell with this and call up the mountain west. You'd make more headlines and a positive name for yourself. Enough teams run out on Texass and people will realize what's going on. Remember TO's biggest decision was going for 2. KU/KSU could pull something similar. The other north schools could easily collapse this thing. You think the pac10 isn't a little torqued off by Texass last minute demands? Where would they go? It's an interesting thought. Too bad the commissioner of the mountain west couldn't call up fox and start talking possibilities of a new tv deal with the addition of some other schools...

Yeah Texass is a real saint huh...

I love how they are saying that its going to be like 15 million that we have to pay. If we have to pay anything it will be 80% of the revenue we get from the big 12 which is currently 6.6 million which is 5.2 million wow split that 10 ways you are really bringing in the money arnt they. It could end up being a little more if we go to a bowl game but not sure. SO really if they are handing the buyout over to Texas then what is 500k to a school not to go to Mountain west.

Wow, this isn't just a rumor, those 5 schools are really handing over their share of the buyout penalty. That's ridiculous.

Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Iowa State and Missouri -- who were in danger of being left homeless if the conference dissolved -- agreed to give up their share in buyout penalties to be paid by Nebraska and Colorado for leaving the league, Beebe said.

CBSSports.com

Wow, this isn't just a rumor, those 5 schools are really handing over their share of the buyout penalty. That's ridiculous.

Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Iowa State and Missouri -- who were in danger of being left homeless if the conference dissolved -- agreed to give up their share in buyout penalties to be paid by Nebraska and Colorado for leaving the league, Beebe said.

CBSSports.com

Wow...not only are those teams being bent over without the benefit of a reach-around...they're having to pay for it