Which Big Ten Stadium/Town/Campus Are You Looking Forward To Most?

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BIG TEN STADIA:

Link To College Gridirons

Now, I think this discussion will invariably lead to "who has the nicest campus" in the Big Ten. I am going to say that I think Wisconsin and Michigan State have easily the nicest locations. What I don't get is that many people put OSU near the bottom of the list. Granted, the area immediately around the campus is a bit trashy, but the campus itself is very nice looking, especially around the oval. Columbus itself is a very nice city for its size (over 1 million people) and it has a very nice arena district, a German town, and the best stadium in baseball in this country (it beat out my Yankee Stadium and Citi Field), which belongs to the Clippers. If I were purely judging the on-campus aesthetics, the architecture, the upkeep of the grounds, etc, I would put OSU near the top, but I think its immediate surroundings and squared-in location makes it sort of an average campus overall, but after visiting many schools for applying to college, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the bottom of the list.

So feel free to post photos of your campus.

Of those listed, I picked Michigan Stadium, with the Horseshoe a close 2nd & followed by a toss up b/t Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City & Camp Randall in Madison.

Obviously my #1 choice is ALWAYS gonna be Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. Can't wait to experience the excitement of being the new kid on the block. Big 10 visiting fans are gonna love the place too. That's a guarantee!

I've been inside Memorial Stadium at Nebraska... Just not during a game day. :facepalm: Still a very cool place. I was surprised how small it is though for how many fans it fits. Must be very loud on game day!

It gets loud...when we wanna be...find a clip from the Oklahoma game last year...they had to turn the volume down on the speakers because all the sound was so loud it was messing with the audio quality

The only current Big Ten stadiums I have not been to are Purdue, PSU, and the new Minnesota stadium (I am making the trip this year). Even as an Iowa fan, I will say that if you are only able to make one road trip to a Big Ten stadium in your lifetime, it has to be The Horseshoe.

Been to Kinnick, The Big House and Camp Randall, and Wisconsin was the only one that came close to impressing me. Sure the Big House is overwhelmingly huge, but the atmosphere wasn't too great, IMO (vs. Iowa, 2004).

I'd obviously like to visit The Shoe, although I've heard they have a decent amount of drunk a-hole fans. What really sounds the most fun is TCF Bank. It's new, and I like the move against the trends by going outdoors. Plus I'm sure it will be 30-40% Husker fans.

I've been games in Columbus, Madison and Ann Arbor. UW definately rivals MSU run in terms of campus beauty and Madison is an awesome. Ann Arbor is nice city, but they're athmphere is kinda boring. East Lansing isn't good a C-bus or Madison , but if you're 25ish EL is a blast just about ever bar in town geared to students.

Campus during fall with including of the spartan statue and the Beaumont Tower playing the alma mater

The tennis courts is where students tailgate if you're a NU student or recent grad(or just young a heart) is the place to be. If you don't have a drink the trust me the MSU crowd will gladly provide you one. During last year's MSU/UM game it had been raining earlier and the area pretty muddy, people mud doing slides and wrestling in the mud pit that had formed. I only wish video of when these hot girls did a UM vs MSU mud wrestling match