The first 10 New Big 10 titles

2011-2020: the first 10 seasons of the New Big 10. If the world survives global warming, 2012 and mega-conferences, how will the distribution of Big 10 titles look? Take a stab at it, and if HB is still around, we'll see who got the closest.

Here's my rather optimistic guess:

Nebraska, 4

Ohio St, 4

Wisconsin, 1

Penn St, 1

2011-2020: the first 10 seasons of the New Big 10. If the world survives global warming, 2012 and mega-conferences, how will the distribution of Big 10 titles look? Take a stab at it, and if HB is still around, we'll see who got the closest.

Nebraska, 4

Ohio St, 4

Wisconsin, 1

Penn St, 1

Ohio St. 4

Neb 3

Penn St. 2

Wisconsin 1

Ohio State - 3

Nebraska - 2

Iowa - 2

Penn St - 1

Michigan - 1

Wisconsin - 1

As long as Bo's around, our D will dominate, & if we got a dominant D, we'll put ourselves in position. Oh & don't you just get the feeling we're gonna have one of the more dynamic offenses in the league if these recent dual-threat QBs pan out? Me thinks so & it's gonna be fun :koolaid2:

Nebraska, 4

Ohio St, 4

Wisconsin, 1

Penn St, 1

My guess is NU-4

OSU-3

Mich-1

PSU-1

Iowa-1

As long as Bo's around, our D will dominate, & if we got a dominant D, we'll put ourselves in position.

Agreed that you'll put yourself in position. Just an FYI though. You'll be facing Wisconsin's, Penn State's, Ohio State's, and eventually Michigan's again dominant Ds as well.

Regarding the question itself, there's a lot of factors that can adjust this. So I'll base it off of what's current (i.e. Tressel stays coach through this entire decade, etc.)

Ohio State - 5

Nebraska - 2

Penn State - 1

Wisconsin - 1

Michigan - 1

Ohio State has consistently had one of the nation's best run defenses in a conference that is very favorable to the rush.

Anyway,

TOSU - 5

NU - 2

UI - 1

UW - 1

PSU - 1

Yeah i have no doubt that nobody will be on equal par with us the next decade. 5 is the minimum of Big Ten titles we'll take outta 10. Tressel's already won straight 5 and 6 since 2001. Tressel's one of the top 3 or 4 coaches in the nation. We all know how good Ohio State's recruitment routinely is. Just can't see us taking less than 5

But 3 out of Tressel's 6 were shared. If there's a Big Ten CCG, which I'm sure there will be, you have to remember that anything can happen in those games. Just ask us, OU, KSUcks, etc.

And sometimes you might not make the championship game depending on tiebreaker rules (see: Texas 2008).

But 3 out of Tressel's 6 were shared. If there's a Big Ten CCG, which I'm sure there will be, you have to remember that anything can happen in those games. Just ask us, OU, KSUcks, etc.

While that is true, Jim Tressel's only lost 4 Big Ten games over this duration of winning 5 straight Big Ten titles and 2 of those games were to Penn State who went to the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Thus having a record of 36-4 in the Big Ten during this stretch. I have full confidence in Tressel winning Big Ten games so if we had to play someone over in a championship game i believe he would still win

I miss being good and arrogant :'(

LOL i've been LOVING Michigan's misfortune lately. But serious question to you, do you think Rich Rod's gotta go? I've never seen in him what optimistic Michigan fans had seen from the get go. His offensive schemes only work in the Big East and he had Pat White to thank for that. Coaches no defense too

While that is true, Jim Tressel's only lost 4 Big Ten games over this duration of winning 5 straight Big Ten titles and 2 of those games were to Penn State who went to the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Thus having a record of 36-4 in the Big Ten during this stretch. I have full confidence in Tressel winning Big Ten games so if we had to play someone over in a championship game i believe he would still win

Trust me, I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't be confident in him. He has a proven track record and until someone starts beating you, there's no reason to believe it won't continue. I'm just saying those CCGs can get pretty wacky. I'm looking forward to the challenge and not having to go to Texa$$ every year for to play for the title.