invited to join the CIC

"The CIC helped procure $6.5 billion in federal research grant dollars last year. "

Yeah, makes that TV money look small don't it. ;)

Nexus and I have been on about the CIC since the Nebraska-to-the-Big10 rumors started. The TV deal is nice, and we'll help the Big Ten in TV revenue, but frankly, Nebraska got BY FAR the better end of this deal. Rubbing elbows with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and the rest, plus membership in the finest academic club available to public schools.

Yeah, this is a pretty big deal.

i don't know... that new big 12 tv deal looks pretty good.

Beebe's only hope for this lucrative TV deal is that the schools other than Texass can't tell the difference between real currency and Monopoly money.

"The CIC helped procure $6.5 billion in federal research grant dollars last year. "

Nexus and I have been on about the CIC since the Nebraska-to-the-Big10 rumors started. The TV deal is nice, and we'll help the Big Ten in TV revenue, but frankly, Nebraska got BY FAR the better end of this deal. Rubbing elbows with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and the rest, plus membership in the finest academic club available to public schools.

Beebe's only hope for this lucrative TV deal is that the schools other than Texass can't tell the difference between real currency and Monopoly money.

That television contract won't be worth the paper it's written on once the Bevo Network goes online. Advertisers will not spend one red penny with the Big 12 on a television deal if there is a rival network in Texas offering the same product and competing for their viewers in the same market.

That television contract won't be worth the paper it's written on once the Bevo Network goes online. Advertisers will not spend one red penny with the Big 12 on a television deal if there is a rival network in Texas offering the same product and competing for their viewers in the same market.

I have no idea how BevoTV will work, but it was my understanding that it would carry only games that networks would not and other sports that are not as popular (volleyball/baseball), so that there would be not be a need for PPV.

I have a hard time believing that ESPN/ABC and Fox would pay big money if UTerus TV would be competing directly with them.