invited to join the CIC

"The CIC helped procure $6.5 billion in federal research grant dollars last year. "

Yeah, makes that TV money look small don't it. ;)

IMO, this spoke more to the Board of Regents than football TV money. Nebraska would have been stupid to turn down this opportunity, and the rest of the Big 12 knows this. Some are happy for the Huskers, some are jealous that it wasn't them. I'm totally not looking at you right now, Missouri. :facepalm:

"The CIC helped procure $6.5 billion in federal research grant dollars last year. "

Nexus and I have been on about the CIC since the Nebraska-to-the-Big10 rumors started. The TV deal is nice, and we'll help the Big Ten in TV revenue, but frankly, Nebraska got BY FAR the better end of this deal. Rubbing elbows with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and the rest, plus membership in the finest academic club available to public schools.

Yeah, this is a pretty big deal.

Nexus and I have been on about the CIC since the Nebraska-to-the-Big10 rumors started. The TV deal is nice, and we'll help the Big Ten in TV revenue, but frankly, Nebraska got BY FAR the better end of this deal. Rubbing elbows with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and the rest, plus membership in the finest academic club available to public schools.

i don't know... that new big 12 tv deal looks pretty good.

Yep, the athletics and the Big 10 network is nice (and getting all of the publicity) but this decision was made on the academic issues and for the betterment of the entire STATE. For goodness sake, this IS a university first and foremost.

IMO, this spoke more to the Board of Regents than football TV money. Nebraska would have been stupid to turn down this opportunity, and the rest of the Big 12 knows this. Some are happy for the Huskers, some are jealous that it wasn't them. I'm totally not looking at you right now, Missouri. :facepalm:

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Yeah, makes that TV money look small don't it. wink.gif

Sweeeett!! Totally awesome!!! Wooohoo!

Ahem...I meant. That is an excellent outcome. Bravo.

And don't forget about the U of C.

Rockin'!!! headbank.gif

Yep, the athletics and the Big 10 network is nice (and getting all of the publicity) but this decision was made on the academic issues and for the betterment of the entire STATE. For goodness sake, this IS a university first and foremost.

yep yep...the whole state...of awesomeness

Just thinking about representatives from Northwestern University, Chicago University, etc. visiting Nebraska's academic facilities and making suggestions is a big WOW! to me. We can now -- once and for all -- bury the "N for nowledge" forever. :cheers

Oh you'll hear the same derisive comments you've heard in the past. "Just a football factory" (from TOSU perspective), but these are all world class Universities and frankly I don't care what the average football fan thinks of the Big Ten. We know what we are and we know we are changing the world with what we do off the field.

Academic integrity is what differentiates the Big Ten from the rest of the football conferences. We're not like the Pac 10 who are willing to take any school off the street. We're not like the SEC where, well, academics just are left out of the equation. Every Big Ten university is rated top 100 via US World News, and all are top 50 public schools. Incredible.

If you're curious, http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public .

Academic integrity is what differentiates the Big Ten from the rest of the football conferences. We're not like the Pac 10 who are willing to take any school off the street. We're not like the SEC where, well, academics just are left out of the equation. Every Big Ten university is rated top 100 via US World News, and all are top 50 public schools. Incredible.

If you're curious, http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public .

We are looking forward to making a move up similar to the way PSU did. Of course, the state of Texas is going to send fake high school transcripts and phony SAT scores to our admissions dept for every 18 year old idiot in their state, just to foil us. :LOLtartar