More fuel to the fire for 10/16/10

Those folks at the Shaggy Bevo gotta be some of the most vulgar I've read. Is that a woodshed section of the site b/c it gets so tiring filtering through the filth to actually understand the points they're making.

On a high note, I was glad to see at least a couple of them were willing to admit they'd rather be in our position as a Big Ten school. Proof to me that in the back of all their minds, they know we stood up to 'em & got the best of 'em.

Those folks at the Shaggy Bevo gotta be some of the most vulgar I've read. Is that a woodshed section of the site b/c it gets so tiring filtering through the filth to actually understand the points they're making.

On a high note, I was glad to see at least a couple of them were willing to admit they'd rather be in our position as a Big Ten school. Proof to me that in the back of all their minds, they know we stood up to 'em & got the best of 'em.

:yeah

Honestly, what is the purpose of that board? God knows it's not to compare opinions and actually learn more about your team and opponents like every other team's message board. Literally 95% of posts there are talking about either how big of pu$$ies Nebraska is for leaving, or their 8-1 record over Nebraska in a stretch which included one of Nebraska lowest periods in the history of the game.

Since most of them only know how to say thing like "haven't been relevant in 10 years" make it painfully obvious how ignorant and young they are.

Honestly, what is the purpose of that board? God knows it's not to compare opinions and actually learn more about your team and opponents like every other team's message board. Literally 95% of posts there are talking about either how big of pu$$ies Nebraska is for leaving, or their 8-1 record over Nebraska in a stretch which included one of Nebraska lowest periods in the history of the game.

Since most of them only know how to say thing like "haven't been relevant in 10 years" make it painfully obvious how ignorant and young they are.

Such is the case with any school that has a run of decent success (decent, because seriously its not like they are taking football by storm, 1 NC in 39 years is quite the dynasty). Probably half of them aren't old enough to remember Texas not being good and jumped on that bandwagon about the time they saw Vince Young run over USC. Might as well get over it, its the moronic group mentality of the internet, where you find a bunch of people as dumb as you and repeat the same thing over again until your entire group believes its true, facts be damned. It's fitting they are Texas fans, Since its a school blind to anything but their own myopic view of how to grab the most cash they can for themselves with no regard to how to strengthen their situation they surround themselves with for a bigger long term payoff. Funny thing is now perception for the rest of the College Football world is gonna be just like it is when someone runs through the pac10 before their expansion, or Hawaii going 13 and 0 (okay maybe not quite that bad, but everyone knows in any given year they'll only have one tough game in OU).

My point is moot though, since a when they start the 10 team conference they will have to play Kansas State every year and we can all say goodbye to undefeated Longhorn teams.

• Fire 2

Such is the case with any school that has a run of decent success (decent, because seriously its not like they are taking football by storm, 1 NC in 39 years is quite the dynasty). Probably half of them aren't old enough to remember Texas not being good and jumped on that bandwagon about the time they saw Vince Young run over USC. Might as well get over it, its the moronic group mentality of the internet, where you find a bunch of people as dumb as you and repeat the same thing over again until your entire group believes its true, facts be damned. It's fitting they are Texas fans, Since its a school blind to anything but their own myopic view of how to grab the most cash they can for themselves with no regard to how to strengthen their situation they surround themselves with for a bigger long term payoff. Funny thing is now perception for the rest of the College Football world is gonna be just like it is when someone runs through the pac10 before their expansion, or Hawaii going 13 and 0 (okay maybe not quite that bad, but everyone knows in any given year they'll only have one tough game in OU).

My point is moot though, since a when they start the 10 team conference they will have to play Kansas State every year and we can all say goodbye to undefeated Longhorn teams.

That is when my friend you post records of the other decades they sucked. I went to an OU board and one guy actually gloated that the sooners were 1-4 in the NCG this decade. lol.

Are you joking about the Kansas State part?

Are you joking about the Kansas State part?

Don't think he is K-State has been known to beat Texas teams that had more talent, even in the Ron Prince years.

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

the best thing about TU, mack brown especially, is that for how good their are, and how 'dominant' they are, they have only won 1 (count 'em, one) championship in 40 years, and that one they have won in that span was single handily won by vince young. not by mack brown's brilliant coaching (because he is not a brilliant coach, he delegates and has the best players in the nation served to him, much like alabama served tu), not by the team, or bevo, but by young. i give a ton of props to young, and actually liked him, but without him, they would still not have a championship from 1970 (in which they got the mnc, but lost the cotton bowl). also, USCandal played like a bunch of lousy cheaters that game.

after reading that board, it is crazy how obsessed they are with us. i mean, they are 8-1 against us in the big 12, and we have been irrelevant, so why the hatred and grudge?

one post said:

They need to move on. They got their wish and got away from us. Stop being bitter about it. It wasn't just Texas that made you mediocre for almost a decade. Your choice of coaches had a lot to do with it.

we hate them because they are greedy and way to powerful, just like america hated the monarchy for the very same reason. but i do not think we really care about them one way or they other. also, i do not think anyone is blaming our sub-par past decade on them, that is crazy. we know who to blame for the failures of our past, and are they really that arrogant that they think we blame them for being bad? we know our choice of coach (and AD) had everything to do with it, obviously because know that we have the right coach, we are doing better.

needless to say, it is a bad idea to lurk on that board, but i guess we should be flattered that little ole NU, who only has 1 win to their 8 in the era of the big 12, that we get their ire so intense and fierce. it makes me wonder what would cause it...

edit: also, they say we whine a lot. how so, we complain a lot, but that is on principle, we really don't care, we are gone to a conference that will respect us and is a better fit athletically and academically, they have what they want in complete control over a conference where they have one roadblock to the mnc.