Transitioning the Offense to a Florida-Spread optionesque type?

With all these firecrackers getting on the roster, it is hard for me to believe we will stay under center. What are you guys thinking? Bo said he would like to be like Florida(but better) on the offensive side of the ball, yet we keep Watson and get a stern promise we will return to a strong running game. I understand we can utilize these guys under center, but what the heck are they telling these guys to get them to come here? It would be hard for me to be a dual-threat QB and choose Nebraska(don't jump on my back-you guys saw the offense last year) As of late, have we just been using what we had to work with- mean while Bo plans to spread the field with his recruits?? What are we going to see in the future? aye aye aye!

I don't care what direction Bo takes the team offensively. As long as each stop along the way includes the endzone. I thought our Holiday Bowl performance was great and personally, if they can continue that success, I'm all for it.

Yeah when i was watching the Holiday Bowl i was amazed we were scoring TD's and put 33 pts on the board. All i will say that if we see the same offense as last year Watson needs to go. There should be no reason why the offense should regress instead of progress. I know we don't have Suh but should still have a great defense and i do expect us to win the Big 12 and maybe a shot at the national title game.

Like others have stressed, I don't really care what type of offense we are running as long as we score points with it against all types of defenses, and that we also score enough points to win those games.

But, from a personal stand point, I'm a huge fan of the Florida type offense. They spread the ball out, but they also do power running plays from the shotgun. I like the way they set up their formations and you very rarely saw them get beat over the last few years with it. But, then again, as long as you have the right players and right coaches, any offense can be unbeatable.

Like others have stressed, I don't really care what type of offense we are running as long as we score points with it against all types of defenses, and that we also score enough points to win those games.

But, from a personal stand point, I'm a huge fan of the Florida type offense. They spread the ball out, but they also do power running plays from the shotgun. I like the way they set up their formations and you very rarely saw them get beat over the last few years with it. But, then again, as long as you have the right players and right coaches, any offense can be unbeatable.

i don't care what type of offense it is either...but i do know that it will be a spread of some sort...last year we definitely didn't have the receivers or quarterback to run a spread and it wasn't working...but we continued to use it until we finally came up with a gameplan against OU of don't play offense and just punt

i'll always call our offense 'the corn spread'. it's just seems appropriate for a cornhusker team

And away from the 'high fructose corn syrup plodding' from most of last year.

Granted the injuries DID have a significant adverse effect on the offense during the regular season. When people got health for the bowl game the offense was COOKIN'

i'll always call our offense 'the corn spread'. it's just seems appropriate for a cornhusker team

And away from the 'high fructose corn syrup plodding' from most of last year.

Granted the injuries DID have a significant adverse effect on the offense during the regular season. When people got health for the bowl game the offense was COOKIN'

interesting to see what lee does if he is healthy...could be interesting

What are we going to see in the future? aye aye aye!

Depends on who the next OC is going to be. Watson is on the hot seat and a disappointing offensive season will send him packing. Otherwise, it will be more of the same with the addition of some wildcat plays.

we might actually end up doing a oklahoma tyoe of offense without the quick tempo if watson does stick around...a spread attack with a good portion of plays devotes to the run and play action...watson did use that very well first year of the bo era...if we had the talent last year i think we would have done the same...plus we have mcneil, young, cotton, and a whole lot more of talent at tight end

and yes i know mcneil isn't technically a tight end anymore...don't give me that crap

With all these firecrackers getting on the roster, it is hard for me to believe we will stay under center. What are you guys thinking? Bo said he would like to be like Florida(but better) on the offensive side of the ball, yet we keep Watson and get a stern promise we will return to a strong running game. I understand we can utilize these guys under center, but what the heck are they telling these guys to get them to come here? It would be hard for me to be a dual-threat QB and choose Nebraska(don't jump on my back-you guys saw the offense last year) As of late, have we just been using what we had to work with- mean while Bo plans to spread the field with his recruits?? What are we going to see in the future? aye aye aye!

I thought he was looking for something similar to Alabama? I dont know what to think. What i do know, we better get an offensive identity soon otherwise we are going to struggle getting playmakers. Kids need to know what we are going to be doing so they can see it in action in primetime. We know what our defensive identity is........badass. Hopefully this years offense will be.....badassest.

Bo said he would like to be like Florida(but better) on the offensive side of the ball, yet we keep Watson and get a stern promise we will return to a strong running game.

I really don't think that what happened is we kept an OC based on a promise of the style of offense he would run.

Winning's always been the bottom line.