Ranking the Big 12 OC's

I think this discussion highlights the worst part of Husker fans - they are never truly happy with any result.

Right, because every other fanbase excluding the Huskers is happy with every result they encounter with their team. Please, there is just as much bitching going on at any other board about stuff fans don't like about their team. Don't just make it seem like Husker fans are the main culprit.

also, watson didn't call plays during the callahan years...

At which time we were screamin' for Watson to call the plays instead of Callahan. Games where Watson had playcall duties for a half resulted in commentary like "When Watson was calling plays, we moved the ball. Then CallaEGO took back over again and that's when we started sucking."

Bingo. The most stark example of this was that god awful '07 Colorado game. We did decent in the first half (offensively) and went in at half leading 35-24. Callahan notices cushion and takes away playcalling duties from Wats. End result: Bozo coached us right into a 65-51 debacle of a loss. Classic Callaclown.

Also, going back to the actual Rivals list of OC's being discussed, I think it's bull crap they have Greg Davis number 1. If he's the best OC in the league, why hasn't (apart from Colt running all over A&M last year and making them look dumb) Texas had a running game the last two years? Honestly, the last time I remember them running well at all was when we played them in '07. Ganz almost engineered the huge upset that year, but Jamaal Charles ran all over us in the 4th quarter once those idiots at TU actually stopped trying to throw.

also, watson didn't call plays during the callahan years...

At which time we were screamin' for Watson to call the plays instead of Callahan. Games where Watson had playcall duties for a half resulted in commentary like "When Watson was calling plays, we moved the ball. Then CallaEGO took back over again and that's when we started sucking."

Bingo. The most stark example of this was that god awful '07 Colorado game. We did decent in the first half (offensively) and went in at half leading 35-24. Callahan notices cushion and takes away playcalling duties from Wats. End result: Bozo coached us right into a 65-51 debacle of a loss. Classic Callaclown.

Also, going back to the actual Rivals list of OC's being discussed, I think it's bull crap they have Greg Davis number 1. If he's the best OC in the league, why hasn't (apart from Colt running all over A&M last year and making them look dumb) Texas had a running game the last two years? Honestly, the last time I remember them running well at all was when we played them in '07. Ganz almost engineered the huge upset that year, but Jamaal Charles ran all over us in the 4th quarter once those idiots at TU actually stopped trying to throw.

i am with you there...texas has been down right horrible at running the ball...most cases they have pulled the anti-nebraska of last year...completely shut down the run and only throw...at least in the title game with a frosh a qb they finally started to run a little more to take the pressure off gilbert

I think this discussion highlights the worst part of Husker fans - they are never truly happy with any result.

i am incredibly happy with last year...their were moments when i thought we could have done better, but things sometimes stack against you...and in '08 i was ecstatic with the result...

Right, because every other fanbase excluding the Huskers is happy with every result they encounter with their team. Please, there is just as much bitching going on at any other board about stuff fans don't like about their team. Don't just make it seem like Husker fans are the main culprit.

I speaking in absolutes here - I don't care what other fanbases do or whether we're better or worse than them in any way. I've simply come to the conclusion (my own personal opinion) that many Husker fans are never truly happy with any result. I remember the bitching and moaning in the late 80's and early 90's about how TO couldn't win the "big one". And how lowly Colorado had passed us by. And even during the 1994 and 1995 seasons fans would complain that we didn't win "convincingly enough". I find it sad because I love the Huskers and college football and try to enjoy every moment because the off-season is long and usually boring.

And I don't mean to imply that all fans are guilty of this or that I myself am completely immune.