Whos lucky #13?

Lucky #13...

2005 - Robert Rands (11/8)

2006 - Anthony West (12/4)

2007 - Eric Hagg (11/26)

2008 - Will Compton - (12/20)

2009 - Dijon Washington - (11/25)

2010 - Jake Cotton - (11/9)

You could say we are a little ahead of schedule based on past recruiting cycles...kind of odd how consistent we've been in the past. #13 comes within the last 20 days of November, with the exception of 08' because of the coaching change. (doesn't include decommits that might have changed the order)

As for 2011 #13, Santos won't commit until after his visit in July...I'm guessing 13 comes before that. Sarao won't leanr his admission status at Stanford until December 15th (I think). Doesn't look like it will be at the DT position as we'll be going for some big fish there, which means end of season when our defense is only allowing 6 points a game (and blanks Texas). No more OL unless a signing day 5*. No more QB's. WR will be late for us, probably after the offensive identity is more proven during the season.

That leaves RB (Aaron Green) or DE (Jesse Hayes) that "might" be close to pulling the trigger. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that AG is #13, because damnit this is going to be a good summer...or because I have no clue and have been completely suprised (and VERY impressed) by the job the coaches are doing up to this point. I don't think I'd be shocked if #13 was some 5* we just offered w/ the way things are going so far.

• Fire 1

Lucky #13...

2005 - Robert Rands (11/8)

2006 - Anthony West (12/4)

2007 - Eric Hagg (11/26)

2008 - Will Compton - (12/20)

2009 - Dijon Washington - (11/25)

2010 - Jake Cotton - (11/9)

You could say we are a little ahead of schedule based on past recruiting cycles...kind of odd how consistent we've been in the past. #13 comes within the last 20 days of November, with the exception of 08' because of the coaching change. (doesn't include decommits that might have changed the order)

As for 2011 #13, Santos won't commit until after his visit in July...I'm guessing 13 comes before that. Sarao won't leanr his admission status at Stanford until December 15th (I think). Doesn't look like it will be at the DT position as we'll be going for some big fish there, which means end of season when our defense is only allowing 6 points a game (and blanks Texas). No more OL unless a signing day 5*. No more QB's. WR will be late for us, probably after the offensive identity is more proven during the season.

That leaves RB (Aaron Green) or DE (Jesse Hayes) that "might" be close to pulling the trigger. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that AG is #13, because damnit this is going to be a good summer...or because I have no clue and have been completely suprised (and VERY impressed) by the job the coaches are doing up to this point. I don't think I'd be shocked if #13 was some 5* we just offered w/ the way things are going so far.

So Curtis Grant?

WHos goin to be #13? Any guesses?

I say David Santos. :corndance

I think Sarao/Santos is a good guess. Sounds like if Sarao doesn't make it and the coaches let him, Santos will be happy to snag that LB ship.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the next commit comes out of nowhere.

I say in one week we get Anthony Sarao. He calls up Stanford and says I feel like going to NU and the Big 10.

edited: 7/1/10

I was wrong on my selection. No. 13 could turn into a major weapon for years to come. Great job by the staff.

Now it is on to no. 14.