Need some Christian prayers for tonight

So now Landlord...how'd it go????

Not as I had hoped, honestly. Dinner didn't end up happening, something else conveniently kept her. Despite that, the next day at work when we both got off I gave her a belated birthday gift, which was actually a few gifts, and two of them were a Bible and a letter that basically presents the gospel in a way far better than I could by mouth, and also just lets her know that she matters and is loved and etc. We haven't talked about it, not sure we ever will, but at the very least I supposed a seed has been planted. If people will continue to pray that what she read tugs at her heart that would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help. Hopefully the situation eventually bears good fruit in one way or another.

So now Landlord...how'd it go????

Not as I had hoped, honestly. Dinner didn't end up happening, something else conveniently kept her. Despite that, the next day at work when we both got off I gave her a belated birthday gift, which was actually a few gifts, and two of them were a Bible and a letter that basically presents the gospel in a way far better than I could by mouth, and also just lets her know that she matters and is loved and etc. We haven't talked about it, not sure we ever will, but at the very least I supposed a seed has been planted. If people will continue to pray that what she read tugs at her heart that would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help. Hopefully the situation eventually bears good fruit in one way or another.

You're a good man Landlord, hopefully she'll come around. :)

I'm only trying to do my part. Don't give me praise for doing what I am called to. :)

Many are called...less actually answer...and even less actually do.

Thank you, but there is no sense in comparing worth to a human standard when God calls us to be perfect.

I'm only trying to do my part. Don't give me praise for doing what I am called to. :)

Thank you, but there is no sense in comparing worth to a human standard when God calls us to be perfect.

Does He?

I'm not a Christian, so I don't know. From what I do understand from my friends who are, we are all sinners, and God forgives us and loves us anyway. So is there really a call to be perfect? Certainly that can be a personal standard. btw - I don't mean to hijack this thread, Landlord. Good luck and keep us posted.

Does He?

I'm not a Christian, so I don't know. From what I do understand from my friends who are, we are all sinners, and God forgives us and loves us anyway. So is there really a call to be perfect? Certainly that can be a personal standard. btw - I don't mean to hijack this thread, Landlord. Good luck and keep us posted.

You just answered your own question. We sin and God forgives us for it. If it was okay for us to behave that way there would be no need for forgiving, nor would there be a need for Jesus to have lived and died in our place. God's standard is perfection, we don't match up to it, but He loves us enough to give us a way out despite that. The way out is Jesus.

Does He?

You just answered your own question. We sin and God forgives us for it. If it was okay for us to behave that way there would be no need for forgiving, nor would there be a need for Jesus to have lived and died in our place. God's standard is perfection, we don't match up to it, but He loves us enough to give us a way out despite that. The way out is Jesus.

Sounds like you and huskertim have some differences to work out on your Huskerboard theology. It isn't your sin that screwed you, but someone else's a long, long time ago, at least according to him.

I'm only trying to do my part. Don't give me praise for doing what I am called to. smile.gif

Does He?

Sounds like you and huskertim have some differences to work out on your Huskerboard theology. It isn't your sin that screwed you, but someone else's a long, long time ago, at least according to him.

Not the place for this X, we can have our fun but let's not highjack our friend here.

My prayers are with you landlord.

I don't want to offend anybody in this post, so please read this lightly. I figure everybody got to voice an opinion so I suppose I will voice mine.

I know what you are doing had nothing but good intentions, and it is always admirable to be there for someone when they are in need. But I don't agree with these methods. Religion and faith are two things that people need to decide on themselves. As I said I know your intentions were good, but if you really wanted to help this girl find a path through life, being there are her friend and offering guidance and support as a fellow human being and friend would be more valuable.

It sounds to me like you should form a connection as a friend with her first, especially before offering any advice or direction regarding religion.

Again, no disrespect.

• Fire 3