9/11 game (shirt)

It's never too early to start looking for Husker gear for the new season. On huskers.com I found this shirt and thought it was interesting (be sure to read the description).

Does anyone know if something special is being planned for the 9/11 games around the country?

http://huskers.teamfanshop.com/COLLEGE_Nebraska_Cornhuskers/adidas_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_Navy_Blue_Patriotic_Sideline_T-shirt

It's never too early to start looking for Husker gear for the new season. On huskers.com I found this shirt and thought it was interesting (be sure to read the description).

Does anyone know if something special is being planned for the 9/11 games around the country?

http://huskers.teamfanshop.com/COLLEGE_Nebraska_Cornhuskers/adidas_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_Navy_Blue_Patriotic_Sideline_T-shirt

Nice shirt but the size selection is a little weak. I would probably buy one if they had my size.

they expect us to wear blue?

make the shirt red and leave everything else the same and we got a deal

I agree. I like the shirt but it needs to be red for me to wear it.

For a team that's just plain famous for always wearing red and generating the Sea of Red every Saturday, I think it'd be a nice touch to eschew the tradition and break out the patriotic colors in remembrance of Sept. 11 - something much bigger than football.

It only falls on a Saturday about once every seven years after all, and by the time the next one rolls around maybe it'll have faded in our collective conscience enough that such a gesture wouldn't make sense...but right now, I think it'd be a great reason for the "Sea of Red" to just one day, become the Sea of Red, White, and Blue.

they expect us to wear blue?

make the shirt red and leave everything else the same and we got a deal

I agree. I like the shirt but it needs to be red for me to wear it.

For a team that's just plain famous for always wearing red and generating the Sea of Red every Saturday, I think it'd be a nice touch to eschew the tradition and break out the patriotic colors in remembrance of Sept. 11 - something much bigger than football.

It only falls on a Saturday about once every seven years after all, and by the time the next one rolls around maybe it'll have faded in our collective conscience enough that such a gesture wouldn't make sense...but right now, I think it'd be a great reason for the "Sea of Red" to just one day, become the Sea of Red, White, and Blue.

i may have gone full retard, but doesn't the american flag have red in it?

It's going to look nasty because not everyone will be wearing one (blackouts). If they really wanted to pay tribute they would hand them out for free at the door.

Then it would be a mixture of red, white and blue.

yup, exactly.

the idea would be all three colors. doesn't have to be an equal mix. I think that'd look awesome.