Let's Reminisce

One of, if not, my favorite play of all time. I remember having to order this game on Gameplan PPV since ABC wasn't showing it in my area and was so mad the entire game until this play to send it to overtime and keeping our national titles hopes alive! :D

someone else didn't read the rules

One of, if not, my favorite play of all time. I remember having to order this game on Gameplan PPV since ABC wasn't showing it in my area and was so mad the entire game until this play to send it to overtime and keeping our national titles hopes alive! :D

Hmmm... did anyone else pay attention to the clock?

If i'm looking at it right he caught it (still don't see how) with 2 seconds left. Now i'm at work so no sound not sure if whistle blew before it read 00. But if I remember right and please correct me if I'm wrong if a touchdown is scored even with 00 left a extra point is allowed to still be attempted.

NCAA Football Rules see page 112 opportunity to score.

ARTICLE 2. A try is an opportunity for either team to score one or two points while the game clock is stopped after a touchdown. It is a special interval in the game which, for purposes of penalty enforcement only, includes both a down and the “ready” period that precedes it.

A. The ball shall be put in play by the team that scored a six-point touchdown. If a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, the try shall not be attempted unless the point(s) would affect the outcome of the game.

taken right from the .pdf link

If i'm looking at it right he caught it (still don't see how) with 2 seconds left. Now i'm at work so no sound not sure if whistle blew before it read 00. But if I remember right and please correct me if I'm wrong if a touchdown is scored even with 00 left a extra point is allowed to still be attempted.

You are correct.

NCAA Football Rules see page 112 opportunity to score.

ARTICLE 2. A try is an opportunity for either team to score one or two points while the game clock is stopped after a touchdown. It is a special interval in the game which, for purposes of penalty enforcement only, includes both a down and the “ready” period that precedes it.

A. The ball shall be put in play by the team that scored a six-point touchdown. If a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, the try shall not be attempted unless the point(s) would affect the outcome of the game.

taken right from the .pdf link

If during the play the clock strikes :00 then the team scores a touchdown they are given the choice if they would like to attempt a conversion. If you remember the Nebraska-Colorado game last year when Colorado scored a touchdown on the last play to be down by 8, coach Hawkins declined to go for the conversion and the game was over. So, we had the ability to go for the extra point whether or not the clock had expired.

Guys, read the rules, please.

I guess we can talk about the '97 Missouri game and The Catch since the thread got hijacked.

What rules are you talking about? I read the OP and I still don't see what you're saying.

The goal of the thread is to have a focused discussion on one, singular moment in the program's history for an extended period of time, and then decidedly switch to a different moment. A few people think it means to post your favorite moment...or something, not sure what the thought process is there.

Anyways, now up is the '97 Missouri game and "The Catch". Discuss.

The goal of the thread is to have a focused discussion on one, singular moment in the program's history for an extended period of time

That really doesn't stand a very good chance. If someone wants to post a youtube link of their favorite play/game, they're probably not going to wait until everyone has said their bit about the "game of topic". You'd be better off starting new threads for each game, if that's what you're going for.

The goal of the thread is to have a focused discussion on one, singular moment in the program's history for an extended period of time

That really doesn't stand a very good chance. If someone wants to post a youtube link of their favorite play/game, they're probably not going to wait until everyone has said their bit about the "game of topic". You'd be better off starting new threads for each game, if that's what you're going for.

Either that, or they would be better off starting their own threads :)

I really want to say the game we ended your streak... It is a fond memory and it involved Nebraska. I then thought the game in Lawrence 2 years later, but that was clearly not the spirit of the thread, so I went with a recent favorite that I was really happy for Nebraska on that in no way involved KU. I am going for the 2008/2009 season ending game in the Gator Bowl. Pretty recent I know, but I was really impressed. That Clemson team looked, on average, a lot faster and more athletic that the Huskers. They also got out to an early lead. Suh was Suh, though, and the Defense played well. The other team with it's prominent running game was useless, and their QB looked overmatched. Once Nebraska figured out how to deal with Clemson's speed, they really wresteld away the game. I just thought they showed a lot of heart and football acumen in that game. Here is some cool field level video I found... I think it was a good precursor to the rise of the Huskers last year, as the team showed it could play with anyone with a combination of great players (SUh) and good sound football. Texas was a lot more athletic too, and man I thought you had em in the title game. Huskers showed me they were back to a point where they could beat anyone on a given day back on the first day of 2009...

Oh crap, I did it too. Sorry.

You are correct.

I see the clock issue on a different level. Why wasnt a second or two added so Missouri had a chance to return the kickoff? hmmm.

You are correct.

I see the clock issue on a different level. Why wasnt a second or two added so Missouri had a chance to return the kickoff? hmmm.

cuz mizzou doesn't have enough money to pay off the refs