The greatest football player to face the Huskers in Lincoln?

Sam Keller!! There were many games where I thought that he was the best player on the other team!!

Wha....???? Keller was fine at Nebraska. He threw for 2,400 yards, 14 TDs and 10 INTs. Three years after this kid comes here, plays his heart out, behaves like a total class act, supports his team, and becomes Joe Ganz' biggest cheerleader after his injury, people still need to throw the guy under the bus? For what?

I have never understood the Keller hate. The coach made a decision to play him, so what was he supposed to do, say no? Sam Keller wasn't the problem on the 2007 team, not by a long shot.

Knapplc, how quickly you forgot about the infamous cup throwing incident in the parking lot! :)

Truth be told, that was me who threw the cup. I was having a bad day, I was in a foul mood, and that %$#%$ took my parking spot. I went ballistic, and the Kampus Kops showed up. That day, Sam Keller was my hero. He took the fall for me, having witnessed my tirade. Sam stepped in, took the blame, and let me escape scott free.

That's why Sam Keller is my hero.

Junior - I haven't forgotten my "12 QBs better than Darian Hagan" thing. I'll try to put that list together today. I was away from my keyboard most of the day yesterday.

Sam Keller!! There were many games where I thought that he was the best player on the other team!!

Wha....???? Keller was fine at Nebraska. He threw for 2,400 yards, 14 TDs and 10 INTs. Three years after this kid comes here, plays his heart out, behaves like a total class act, supports his team, and becomes Joe Ganz' biggest cheerleader after his injury, people still need to throw the guy under the bus? For what?

I have never understood the Keller hate. The coach made a decision to play him, so what was he supposed to do, say no? Sam Keller wasn't the problem on the 2007 team, not by a long shot.

Knapplc, how quickly you forgot about the infamous cup throwing incident in the parking lot! :)

Truth be told, that was me who threw the cup. I was having a bad day, I was in a foul mood, and that %$#%$ took my parking spot. I went ballistic, and the Kampus Kops showed up. That day, Sam Keller was my hero. He took the fall for me, having witnessed my tirade. Sam stepped in, took the blame, and let me escape scott free.

That's why Sam Keller is my hero.

Junior - I haven't forgotten my "12 QBs better than Darian Hagan" thing. I'll try to put that list together today. I was away from my keyboard most of the day yesterday.

Sam sure sounds like a good dude to me. Heck, I would buy him a beer anytime/anywhere.

well....considering he has been voted the greatest college player of all time....i would have to say Red Grange is the greatest player to ever face the huskers in Lincoln

I was going to research all of the old timers - four horse faces of Notre Lame. I didn't know NU played Illinoise while Grange was there

Yup, and we kicked their butts too.

Nebraska used too have a good rivalry with notre dame. Till they got all butt hurt that we were stomping them regularly.