Clouds on the Horizon?

UPDATE

Sean Callahan of Rivals.com is predicting Taylor Martinez to start come September.

Apparently Lee's injury hasn't completely healed and it cuts away the only surefire advantage he had––arm strength. Fall camp just got REAL interesting.

jliehr just posted an update that Green and Spano are working with the #1s in 7-on-7's this summer. Conflicting reports, neither to be believed quite yet.

Everyone keep your ears open. This should be a fun seven weeks leading up to W. Kentucky.

I thought Spano had pretty much injured himself out of competition. Not officially, but all the same. Guess that remains to be seen.

UPDATE

Sean Callahan of Rivals.com is predicting Taylor Martinez to start come September.

Apparently Lee's injury hasn't completely healed and it cuts away the only surefire advantage he had––arm strength. Fall camp just got REAL interesting.

jliehr just posted an update that Green and Spano are working with the #1s in 7-on-7's this summer. Conflicting reports, neither to be believed quite yet.

Everyone keep your ears open. This should be a fun seven weeks leading up to W. Kentucky.

I thought Spano had pretty much injured himself out of competition. Not officially, but all the same. Guess that remains to be seen.

I thought so, too. I'm just passing along what jliehr said.

Bottom line, if we have a competent O Line, this offense will move with T Mart, Green, Lee, Spano, Washington, Kellogg or possibly even me at the helm. With the RBs we have, we'll score.

Wow, the silly season is in full swing. 2-3 weeks until practice starts?

I think Martinez is a heck of an athlete, but not sure he is ready to lead this team on a national title run, but who knows, maybe he is. I don't get the impression that Green is ready to take this task on as well. Lee had experience and gutted through a tough year last year. If he is out for a majority of the season, that puts things in a tough place. If the Huskers march into Seattle with a redshirt freshman QB, walking out with a W will be very very tough, regardless of how good T-Mart can be.

Wow, the silly season is in full swing. 2-3 weeks until practice starts?

I think Martinez is a heck of an athlete, but not sure he is ready to lead this team on a national title run, but who knows, maybe he is. I don't get the impression that Green is ready to take this task on as well. Lee had experience and gutted through a tough year last year. If he is out for a majority of the season, that puts things in a tough place. If the Huskers march into Seattle with a redshirt freshman QB, walking out with a W will be very very tough, regardless of how good T-Mart can be.

Well if it's any consolation Martinez works out pretty well on NCAA 11. :s

So I just read the article on HI...and it did leave me with a smile on my face. By the sound of it, Zac is not making improvements like we've hoped. He's had six months to recover, what I'm wondering now is how much better his arm can possibly get between now and the season? Or fall camp in less than 2 weeks?

So I just read the article on HI...and it did leave me with a smile on my face. By the sound of it, Zac is not making improvements like we've hoped. He's had six months to recover, what I'm wondering now is how much better his arm can possibly get between now and the season? Or fall camp in less than 2 weeks?

Is that the "Who will Start?" article? Havent had a chance to read it yet (will after work). Looking forward to gaining some insight into the situation. I'd like Sipple to actually get some interviewing done...

Probably not a ton, but if he has to sit the first half of the season it shouldn't be a huge problem.

It's not as though he doesn't know the play book receivers etc. However I was at the stadium on Saturday to see the experience room's 2 presentations and I decided to slip in on a free guided tour with my GF and Zac was throwing. He wasn't throwing long balls or any with a lot of heat, but he seemed to throw all right at 75%. IDK if 75% Zac Lee is better than Green / Martinez, but we'll see in a few weeks.

Probably not a ton, but if he has to sit the first half of the season it shouldn't be a huge problem.

It's not as though he doesn't know the play book receivers etc. However I was at the stadium on Saturday to see the experience room's 2 presentations and I decided to slip in on a free guided tour with my GF and Zac was throwing. He wasn't throwing long balls or any with a lot of heat, but he seemed to throw all right at 75%. IDK if 75% Zac Lee is better than Green / Martinez, but we'll see in a few weeks.

Was the panel holding Rozier's Heisman still stuck open about three inches? I wish they'd fix that.

I think the comment has to do with the questions surrounding our quarterbacks. It was pretty clear that Green was not ready last season - until he comes under fire in a live situation, we don't know whether he's improved enough to be the guy. Lee is a question mark due to the injury. Everyone else in the running - well, the lack of actual game experience is the main factor. I suspect that Bo was commenting on the fact that we're going to have to get many of them into games to determine who will be the guy - and that could take a number of games.

I'm with Nexus on this, though - if the offensive line is good enough, the quarterback position will be fine. Our line has, for the past few years, always seemed to have one breakdown each play - one missed block, etc. Lee, despite any shortcomings, had to run for his life or rush throws too often last year. And we weren't consistent in getting a good push on running plays. All of that's attributable to the offensive line.

The O-Line is the key. There are lots of examples of so-so QB's doing well when tey had a good line in front of them. Even Tommie benefited from the line that was in front of him, this, ofcourse, is an example of a great QB doing incredible things.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Was the panel holding Rozier's Heisman still stuck open about three inches? I wish they'd fix that.

That panel was fixed. The Crouch panel now opens and rocks back and forth for about 15 seconds.. need to throw some WD40 on it

I think the comment has to do with the questions surrounding our quarterbacks. It was pretty clear that Green was not ready last season - until he comes under fire in a live situation, we don't know whether he's improved enough to be the guy. Lee is a question mark due to the injury. Everyone else in the running - well, the lack of actual game experience is the main factor. I suspect that Bo was commenting on the fact that we're going to have to get many of them into games to determine who will be the guy - and that could take a number of games.

I'm with Nexus on this, though - if the offensive line is good enough, the quarterback position will be fine. Our line has, for the past few years, always seemed to have one breakdown each play - one missed block, etc. Lee, despite any shortcomings, had to run for his life or rush throws too often last year. And we weren't consistent in getting a good push on running plays. All of that's attributable to the offensive line.

The O-Line is the key. There are lots of examples of so-so QB's doing well when tey had a good line in front of them. Even Tommie benefited from the line that was in front of him, this, ofcourse, is an example of a great QB doing incredible things.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Iowa last year would be a good example to cite, hint hint ;)

Calling Ricky Stanzi average would be a compliment, but he had that masterful O'line in front of him which seemed to diminish his mistakes.