"Restore the Order"

lol. ya'll couldnt even beat iowa state last year with suh, and you think this year, that ya'll will be better?? uncle tom osbornes kool-aid must be strong!!!!

Personally I try to go off of what the rankings and things say about us when I try to determine how good we will do and so far most rankings have us in the top 10 and Vegas has us with the 3rd best odds at winning the title. So I think there is plenty of reasons for optimism about us being better.

Wasn't this a Billy c thing back around the time we beat Michigan in the Alamo bowl.

It was a Billy C thing but it came about during the Colorado game in 05 I believe. In fact, it was Cody Glenn who I remember flashing the t-shirt he had on under his jersey after scoring a TD.

Maybe its just me, but it shouldnt take 5 years to restore the order. I think this shouldve went away when Bill C. was let go.

Wasn't this a Billy c thing back around the time we beat Michigan in the Alamo bowl.

It was a Billy C thing but it came about during the Colorado game in 05 I believe. In fact, it was Cody Glenn who I remember flashing the t-shirt he had on under his jersey after scoring a TD.

Maybe its just me, but it shouldnt take 5 years to restore the order. I think this shouldve went away when Bill C. was let go.

Personally, I think the order was restored when Billy C was fired. Him and Pudknockerson were the worst things to ever happen to Nebraska.

I don't know, I feel like "Restore the Order" is along the same lines as "Unfinished Business". Bo's goal is a title, and he's not shy about it. We're Nebraska, and we don't "settle". We win the title, the order is restored. Nuff said.

:yeah To me that's the only way to look at it.

lol. ya'll couldnt even beat iowa state last year with suh, and you think this year, that ya'll will be better?? uncle tom osbornes kool-aid must be strong!!!!

Wow - banned after 9 posts!

Checked his profile - poor guy doesn't have any fwends :grr . Maybe if he wasn't such a troll . . .

I never liked "Restore the Order". As someone on the outside looking in, it has a certain ring of entitlement to it. I don't think a sense of entitlement has much to do with Osborne or Bo. I know myperspective is different, but the who rub of the phrase gives people the wrong idea about Nebraska.

As to the root of the question, I think when you spend a few years being in the top 10 and a few of those involve serious competition for conference and national titles. Osborne didn't actually win a title at Nebraksa for his first 21 years as head coach, it was year 22 that did it. You all were really good still, despite that drought, so I am not sure that National Titles is the main measure.

I never liked "Restore the Order". As someone on the outside looking in, it has a certain ring of entitlement to it. I don't think a sense of entitlement has much to do with Osborne or Bo. I know my perspective is different, but the who rub of the phrase gives people the wrong idea about Nebraska.

As to the root of the question, I think when you spend a few years being in the top 10 and a few of those involve serious competition for conference and national titles. Osborne didn't actually win a title at Nebraksa for his first 21 years as head coach, it was year 22 that did it. You all were really good still, despite that drought, so I am not sure that National Titles is the main measure.

Very well put. I agree, and I'm not even an outsider looking in.

Personally, I think the order was restored when Billy C was fired. Him and Pudknockerson were the worst things to ever happen to Nebraska.

Agreed.

On 10-16-2007 order was restored. Coach Osborne was named "interim" AD that day.

A 9-win season followed by a 10-win season. Back-to-back North champs and bowl game wins. Played for Big 12 title.

First shut-out in 45 bowl games. A finish in the top 20 and will start in top 10 (or so). Joined Big 10.

Order has been restored and then some.