Nebraska's band No.1, who's No.2

Southern or Grambling. Are those the two schools that have the Battle of the Bands every year? Crap I can't believe I just wasted a minute of my life talking about the freakin marching band. :wacko:

No kidding, watching those Southern black colleges perform is so much better. The bands that do normal routines are so boring to watch b/c they just stand there. I mean how much skill can it take to walk around holding a clarinet? At least the other bands put some energy and emotions into their routines.

I'm against all bands at football games.  :bat

:bat:bat:bat

I happened to be on Flag line in band my Fresh- junoir year. Then i was the Drum Majorette.

Just curious, how'd you go from flag squad to drum major? Quite a few of my friends in HS were in band and they had to be in it for 3 years and be first chair before Carmichael let them be drum majors. Just wonderin' if it's different out there.

College football is great, one of the greatest sports out there. In my opinion, this time of year, right before the first college game...is the best. One of the things that make it great is the tradition...all the tradition. Tailgating, pep rallies, the list goes on and on. For those who said it was a waist of time to talk about the bands...my statement to you is, you must not appreciate the whole tradition of Nebraska football on gameday. The band is as much apart of the atmosphere, as we are who call ourselves members of Husker Nation. And remember, they are fans of the BIG RED as well...that makes them members of Husker Nation just like us.

I happened to be on Flag line in band my Fresh- junoir year.  Then i was the Drum Majorette.

Just curious, how'd you go from flag squad to drum major? Quite a few of my friends in HS were in band and they had to be in it for 3 years and be first chair before Carmichael let them be drum majors. Just wonderin' if it's different out there.

at UNL, you can challenge the current Drum Major for the position...

... in a fight to the death in the THUNDERDOME..!

two go in, one comes out!!!

THUNDERDOME!!!

6_thunderdome.jpg

THUNDERDOME!!!

bm_thunderdome2.JPG

THUNDERDOME!!!

thunder.jpg