Rank Nebraska's toughest games

Yeah, I have family in Oklahoma - all OSU grads or fans, and they will make you laugh with their heartbreaking stories of losses to OU and UT over the years. Hell, Barry Sanders greatest season ever they went 10-2 (including their bowl game) and still lost to NU and OU. They remind me A LOT of Mizzou fans. They've had some big expectations, and they've had it all sitting right in front of them, and still haven't cashed in yet.

They had a chance to beat OU for the first time since 2002 last year. That was OU's worst team in 10 years...and they couldn't get it done, and to add insult to injury, they got shut out. Poor bastards.

Here's my rankings of your schedule, for what it's worth:

1. Texas - I haven't seen this level of agression for a game since Mizzou vs. Kansas in 2007

2. Mizzou - IF we have an improved D (big if) and IF Gabbert is healthy, this could be a freaking dogfight. I'm serious.

3. @ Kansas St - Something about The White Rat (Snyder) makes me think you're going to be in a pickle in that game - but should win.

4. @ Washington - I realize they have a good QB, but the media is giving them way too much love to soon.

5. @ Iowa State - C'mon, after that disaster in Lincoln last year, they're gonna be geeked up for chance to win two years in a row.

6. @ A&M - Much like UW, I'm getting nauseauted at the overnight love for A&M, because of their QB. They're less than impressive.

7. @ Oklahoma St - Some of you all respect them way too much. They lost all thier stars, and those guys couldn't beat OU's worst team.

8. Colorado - Enough Said

9. Kansas - See Colorado

10. SDSU - Those Northern Teams are comprised of Ice Road Truckers kids and alcoholics. May be scarppy 'til the booze wears off.

11. Idaho - I forgot they had a football team

12. Westerm Kentucky - They're always scarppy in the NCAA Basketball Tournament...but this ain't basketball.

That's a pretty good list.

I agree about Oklahoma State. Playing them hasn't been friendly the last couple of times, but they only return one starter on their offensive line and have a new starting quarterback. They got used to life without Dez Bryant and they have Kendall Hunter, but that's all they have going for them.

The A&M game is going to be tougher than the Iowa State game this year, imho. ISU may be 'geeked' up to play us, but I think Nebraska is going to be more jacked up to kick their @$$ after last year.

I don't necessarily disagree with many/any of the picks, but I do have to admit I'm somewhat shocked by almost everyones lovefest for A&M. Last year, they got handled by any team with a pulse and sometimes to teams without a pulse. They put up a whopping 19 points against Arkansas who scored 47. They put up a whopping 10 points against OU while OU's somewhat inept offense put up 65. KState was far from a jugarnaut, but they completely obliterated A&M 62-14. They lost to a horrible CU team. About the only bright thing you can say about last season for them was putting up 39 points against Texas. A&M's offense struggled against teams with even a decent defense.

I totally agree with your post. A&M has been awful the last few years, aside from some close games with Texas, which, yes, they won back to back, I think about 5 yrs ago. Too many people act like A&M's back, when they've never really been there to begin with. Over-rated and I still love how former TTU coach Mike Leach called their ROTC wannabee's a bunch of Pirates!

I don't necessarily disagree with many/any of the picks, but I do have to admit I'm somewhat shocked by almost everyones lovefest for A&M. Last year, they got handled by any team with a pulse and sometimes to teams without a pulse. They put up a whopping 19 points against Arkansas who scored 47. They put up a whopping 10 points against OU while OU's somewhat inept offense put up 65. KState was far from a jugarnaut, but they completely obliterated A&M 62-14. They lost to a horrible CU team. About the only bright thing you can say about last season for them was putting up 39 points against Texas. A&M's offense struggled against teams with even a decent defense.

I'm not sure these are the games that will be the toughest, but they're the ones I'm most worried about:

1. Texas: They don't rebuild, they reload. Their offense will still be good.

2/3. Mizzou: Say what you want, I also hate them, but you have to admit Blaine Gabbert is good. I know everyone's confident Crick will be ok (as am I) BUT we haven't seen him at work without Suh yet, and if there's not pressure on Gabbert, there's a CHANCE he could find a couple tiny holes in the secondary.

@Kstate: Thursday night game gonna be rockin, and ol' Snyder will have 'em coached up and ready to go against the big red. Hopefully, tho, that stadium will have a heavy dose of red in it (including me)

4. @aTm: I don't care how bad they looked at times last year, they got up for the Texas game and look how they did. NU is gonna get everyone's best shot on the way out, it'll be loud

5. @ OKstate: Probably shouldn't be that tough of a game, but it has me worried... great running back and SHOULD have talent

6. @ Washington: Yeah, the place gets loud, but not when it's half red

7. Colorado: Somehow always seem to give NU a run for their money

8. @ Istate: Rhodes might be the right guy for ISU, but I seriously doubt bo pelini and his team would allow ISU to hand them a loss in their last season in the conference, ESPECIALLY after what happened last year. I'm calling for this one to get extremely ugly

9. KU: I wasn't going to make my own list, but I didn't like seeing everyone put KU at the bottom, so I decided to straighten you all out. Then I made my list and look where KU ended up.... I should give you guys more credit, maybe you did know what you were doing.

10. Idaho: I didn't lump them in with the other two because they are slightly tougher.... but it's still Idaho

The other two: really don't even need to say anything here... looking forward to seeing some T-Mart action in these games

I'm extremely worried about Texas, just cause it's gonna be a hard next few years for all us fans if we lose that game... that would hurt too bad, I hurt just thinking about it.

I'm almost as worried about Kstate and Mizzou just cause they're the toughest competition for the North and I think we all know how badly Nebraska needs to win the North in this last year for one more shot a Big XII championship.

Still extremely worried about aTm just cause that place will be juiced

I agree about Oklahoma State. Playing them hasn't been friendly the last couple of times, but they only return one starter on their offensive line and have a new starting quarterback. They got used to life without Dez Bryant and they have Kendall Hunter, but that's all they have going for them.

The A&M game is going to be tougher than the Iowa State game this year, imho. ISU may be 'geeked' up to play us, but I think Nebraska is going to be more jacked up to kick their @$$ after last year.

I dont care what anybody says OSU will be terrible this year. They will be lucky to get to 6 wins, IMHO. Barring a ISU '09 performance their is no way the huskers lose that game.

We should handle ISU pretty easily. But I think Rhoads has got something going over their in Ames. They prob will be a better team than their record shows.

I think some of use are under estimating Idaho. I think there going to be pretty good this year.

Idaho could be be alot better if they improve on defense. They have 8 starters back on D, which is good or bad, depending on how look at it. I actually think their offense could put up some points against us, 17-21.

I think some of use are under estimating Idaho. I think there going to be pretty good this year.

Yeah I agree. They were 8-5 and won a bowl game last year and with it being our second game and with our first being a total cream-puff, it could be a little challenging. Especially if we are looking ahead to the Washington game.

Yeah I agree. They were 8-5 and won a bowl game last year and with it being our second game and with our first being a total cream-puff, it could be a little challenging. Especially if we are looking ahead to the Washington game.

And their bowl game pre-empted NU's first TD in the Holiday Bowl

Forget Texas, remember the ho. (I-da-ho)

Bump when drunk

• Fire 1

1. @Texas A&M

2. @Kansas State

3. Missouri[/color][/color]

4. Texas

5. @Washington

6. @Oklahoma State

7. Colorado

8. Idaho

9. Kansas

10.@Iowa State

11. Western Kentucky

12. South Dakota State

Why do you have k state ahead of texas?

The KSU game has me spooked for some reason. Snyder will put everything into that game, which will be no different than any other school in the big 12 unloaded.... but I hate to admit it, the guy can coach and scheme. I'm worried our Huskers may be looking a tad ahead. I think Bo will have them ready, but the game just flat out spooks me for some reason.

A&M's was 5th in Offensive Yards per game, 14th in passing and 30th in Rushing, they were 19th in scoring per game. Their defense was suspect, but they rushed the passer really well. Add in the fact they usually play well at home.

Common Opponents

Texas Tech, Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Colorado, Texas

Texas A&M

Points Scored- 222

Points Allowed- 244

Nebraska

Points Scored- 116

Points Allowed- 89

A&M has an explosive, balanced offense, but struggled on D

Nebraska has a lock down defense, but was awful on offense.

If we can manage to get rolled at home by Texas Tech and lose to Iowa State, it isn't too much of a stretch to see us potentially losing to Texas A&M.

A&M's was 5th in Offensive Yards per game, 14th in passing and 30th in Rushing, they were 19th in scoring per game. Their defense was suspect, but they rushed the passer really well. Add in the fact they usually play well at home.

Common Opponents

Texas Tech, Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Colorado, Texas

Texas A&M

Points Scored- 222

Points Allowed- 244

Nebraska

Points Scored- 116

Points Allowed- 89

A&M has an explosive, balanced offense, but struggled on D

Nebraska has a lock down defense, but was awful on offense.

If we can manage to get rolled at home by Texas Tech and lose to Iowa State, it isn't too much of a stretch to see us potentially losing to Texas A&M.

Yeah they should be pretty challenging. They were kind of up and down last year so it will be interesting to see how they do this year. I thought Texas Tech was going to beat them by like 100 after KSU got beat 66-14 by Tech and then KSU beat A&M 62-14 but A&M actually beat Tech 52-30.