Big 12 officials head still answering questions on title game call

I think I'd accept the Texas/NU call more if it happened in other big games that ended in similar situations. Michigan/ND and FSU/Miami ended with the clock running off after Tate ran out of bounds and an incomplete pass by FSU. The refs didn't put the extra second back on in either of those games, so Texas was beneficial to an exception and not the rule.

I think the rule was pretty much the same <_<

And to the argument above, not all seconds are equal. It's like losing a millionaire losing a dollar vs losing one's last dollar.

I think I'd accept the Texas/NU call more if it happened in other big games that ended in similar situations. Michigan/ND and FSU/Miami ended with the clock running off after Tate ran out of bounds and an incomplete pass by FSU. The refs didn't put the extra second back on in either of those games, so Texas was beneficial to an exception and not the rule.

I think this is an excellent point and I was not considering it in comparison to other games, just on its own merit. On those games though, I'd say there should be a second put back either. At the least I feel it's review-worthy.

I really do not think it's a conspiracy. You get the feeling everything is when it happens to your team, but it's no more of a conspiracy than when calls did go our way. I think it's a little unfair to say that if the shoe were on the other foot we wouldn't get the same call. Maybe I'm naive but I'm betting we would. Besides, just for sake of argument, two BCS teams is better for the conference than 1, isn't it?

I believe that was I said. Other games haven't made that call in similar situations and the refs were trying to do the right thing but didn't take into account the fact that adding time is an inconsistency with the decision that is usually made.

NotreDameJoe if you're referring to me about the seconds being equal...

I'm not the type that says "If we just could've done this right on that one play or stopped them on that one down..." it's the whole game that matters when you get beat this close. So that's why that one second can't be more important than the rest in that situation. We had many opportunities to put some points on the board and didn't. Texas had many plenty of seconds to kick that field goal or score on another series....

old news. texass won.

move on.

I'd rather talk about the 2009 isu game.

that never gets old.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

at least for me.

looks like the clones may never get another nu win. gonna have to relive that one a LOT longer.

I, for one, would love to have that ISU win, err, game every year once we go to the Big 10. :laughpound

old news. texass won.

move on.

I'd rather talk about the 2009 isu game.

that never gets old.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

at least for me.

looks like the clones may never get another nu win. gonna have to relive that one a LOT longer.

So lemme get this straight. In this post you're whining at a Nebraska fan for talking about the Huskers' five MNCs when he says we don't all do this, then here you say we should stop talking about the Texas game... but keep talking about the ISU game.

You must have two mirrors in your bathroom - one for each face.