Who loves nebraska to the big ten?

Vuren

Still, Nebraska's move to the Big Ten has promise, as anyone who remembers Players like running back Mike Rozier, linebacker Broderick Thomas and option quarterback Tommie Frazier can attest. "I grew up in an era where they were always on TV and always playing in a championship game," said Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema, who has lobbied to have Nebraska become the Badgers' annual season-ending opponent. "You can't buy anything like that."

Nice find, Vuren. A great article. From an unlikely source.

I love the Big10!!

the big 10 sucks, and i feel nebraska is out of place there. never liked the big 10 and never will.....

ok, i'll bite, how is nebraska out of place there.

I honestly felt the same. While I like the move for reasons such as athletic and academic revenue, I don't think that our (traditional) style of play or our goals were the same as most Big 10 teams.

Back in the golden years, NU had much more speed than Big 10 teams, and our power I/option offense was not inline with the power running/pro-style Big 10 offenses. That, and the Big 10 is more concerned about the Rose Bowl, not the National Championship. That being said, it is a much better fit for NU culturally, and we actually feel welcomed there, unlike the Big 12-2.

I love the Big10!!

the big 10 sucks, and i feel nebraska is out of place there. never liked the big 10 and never will.....

ok, i'll bite, how is nebraska out of place there.

I honestly felt the same. While I like the move for reasons such as athletic and academic revenue, I don't think that our (traditional) style of play or our goals were the same as most Big 10 teams.

Back in the golden years, NU had much more speed than Big 10 teams, and our power I/option offense was not inline with the power running/pro-style Big 10 offenses. That, and the Big 10 is more concerned about the Rose Bowl, not the National Championship. That being said, it is a much better fit for NU culturally, and we actually feel welcomed there, unlike the Big 12-2.

the big 12 was nothing more than a union of convenience. also, the big 10 is a run first league with an strong emphasis on defense, sounds like a good fit for me.

I wonder about that. Pelini has built a defense that's designed to kill the spread. We're going to need more of a conventional look in future years, aren't we? Sad - because this is such a beautiful piece of work. But the bottom line is a good defense stops all offenses.

I wonder about that. Pelini has built a defense that's designed to kill the spread. We're going to need more of a conventional look in future years, aren't we? Sad - because this is such a beautiful piece of work. But the bottom line is a good defense stops all offenses.

Bo built a defense that rendered the spread virtually useless in a year, you don't think he can adapt to Big 10 style offenses?

Bo built a defense that rendered the spread virtually useless in a year, you don't think he can adapt to Big 10 style offenses?

not only that, but he would have adapted to the big 12 anyway, the spread is falling out of favor as most defenses are now catching up to it. BO can adapt, he is not limited to just scheming for the spread, his ability to shut down any offense is what makes him the coach he is.