John Blake under investigation at UNC

John Blake under investigation at North Carolina

• Nebraska running back Brandon Jackson. Blake never coached Jackson directly, handling Nebraska’s defensive line from 2004-2006. Jackson signed with Wichard after Blake’s final season with the Cornhuskers and was a second-round pick in 2007.

“I spoke to him once,” Wichard said. “I told him to go back to school when Kentwan Balmer put him on the phone in January. I said go back to school and be [like] Ndamukong Suh and make some money. … I’m not even recruiting the kid. I’ve never said one word to him about the business other than football – go back to school. Now, if I wanted to represent him in January, I could have said ‘Come on out, guy. Let’s roll. Let’s make some money.’ That’s not who I am.”

Thoughts?

Well the NCAA is starting on the coasts and at the going rate, they won't hit the midwest until 2012. All of Callhan's guys will be gone by then right? :ahhhhhhhh

Wishful thinking, but look at USC. They are now just getting the axe thrown down on them for the Reggie Bush incident a while ago. I don't know if there is a statute of limitations for the NCAA or not.

Nothing to see here. (hopefully)

They have to prove B Jack got preferential treatment with cash, trips, books, etc.

This is the way I see it: B Jack became great friends with Blake while at UNL. (Blake was NOT part of Jackson's recruitment) When Jackson thought about going to the NFL he sought his coach/advisor on potential agents. Of course Blake would suggest Wichard (sp) whom he has known for years.

The only way this could impact NU is if Blake got compensation from his agent buddy to promote Jackson while on staff at NU or if Jackson took cash in front of his NFL career. I find it hard to believe that Jackson got special treatment while Lucky did not (after all Lucky was the "superstar" recruit).

I see this as a "nothing to see here" as long as Osborne, Pelini and staff don't give them an excuse to see something. The whole situation is on Blake and his relationship with an agent, thankfully, Blake was not here that long.

Let's all hope B Jack did not take a payment from anyone; he might have been promised the world in the draft but at least his eligibilty would have been gone (Since he made himself elibible for the draft).

My thought (and prayer) is that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with NU outside of have a position coach with connection (friendship) with a person that makes a living off of athletes.

Sounds like a great time to start the Husker Prayer......