"Really bad news" on the injury front

zoogs

I see what you are saying about the depth at LB, but I wouldn't call him mediocre. Fact is even though he is replaceable he was the best at his position and him being out will hurt the team. If nothing else the increased reps the other guys will have to play will have an impact. Don't down play this, this is a big deal.

I would, and no it's not.

Look, the kid played his heart out, made improvements through the season, and has great upside. But honestly, if he were on any other team in the nation and you heard he was out, you would say "big whoop, he's nothing special, they'll replace him just fine." he was not an all-conference player. could he have turned into one by the end of the season? maybe, but so could any one of the guys that will fill his void. I don't think anyone can honestly say Fisher showed them enough last year to prove he would, without a doubt, be an all-conference player this year.

From what I understand, Fisher was the one injured today no one else. But it was confirmed that he broke his leg, terrible news to hear. We will rise above this and our defense will still be great. I wish today was Sept. 4th. I can't wait.

Blue was also seriously injured today, tough luck on him.

From what I understand, Fisher was the one injured today no one else. But it was confirmed that he broke his leg, terrible news to hear. We will rise above this and our defense will still be great. I wish today was Sept. 4th. I can't wait.

Blue was also seriously injured today, tough luck on him.

I was excited to see if Anthony would get on the field at the dime. Kid has speeed.

ok, i was all for these hard-hitting practices and ready to accept a few injuries and chalk it up to "part of the game" but in one practice you have rex with a quote that can be interpreted as "intensity is good, but we had so many fights we couldn't run our plays" and two potential starters going down to serious injuries....

since blue hasn't been confirmed, and he has been hurt before, i will continue to smile at the thought of physical practices, but a couple more injuries and i may be wanting bo to pull in the reins a little bit.

Anyone know the nature of Blue's injury?

Apparently, today's practice was unusually fight-filled. Happens I guess...hope the team settles down. Without being there it's hard to know what 'unusually' means...

EDIT: Has there been any public announcement of the other injury? If not, maybe we should put a cap on spreading it until then.

I have seen two whispers of Blue being injured, one on this board. Anyone heard anything? I find it a little hard to believe that the Fisher story could have leaked so fast, but the Blue story wouldn't have... of course he could have done an ACL thing or something again, which maybe wouldn't have been as obvious to bystanders.

Apparently, today's practice was unusually fight-filled. Happens I guess...hope the team settles down. Without being there it's hard to know what 'unusually' means...

this reminds me of an interview i watched once. i don't remember which coach was talking, but i believe they were talking about one of NU's nat. championship games in the 90s. the coach was talking about how ramped up the guys were and said he had to quit warm-ups pre-maturely because guys were getting so aggressive he was afraid they'd hurt each other before the game even started. maybe the guys are chompin at the bit because they know there are good things to come this season. just my way of trying to see the silver lining in the midst of injury talk :koolaid2:

EDIT: Has there been any public announcement of the other injury? If not, maybe we should put a cap on spreading it until then.

Not yet, staff prefers info not passed until family is notified and they announce.

Asked this in another thread...

Not yet, staff prefers info not passed until family is notified and they announce.

I think I agree with that. I know we are all curious and the news seems to have broken already (at least in naming the player), but out of respect for the family of the player involved, I think we should lock this discussion down until the staff has put it out in the open.

Sorry if it's disappointing - I'm really curious as well. Please PM me if you have issue with this decision.