"Really bad news" on the injury front

zoogs

ok, i was all for these hard-hitting practices and ready to accept a few injuries and chalk it up to "part of the game" but in one practice you have rex with a quote that can be interpreted as "intensity is good, but we had so many fights we couldn't run our plays" and two potential starters going down to serious injuries....

since blue hasn't been confirmed, and he has been hurt before, i will continue to smile at the thought of physical practices, but a couple more injuries and i may be wanting bo to pull in the reins a little bit.

At the end of practice onlookers were told to hit the bricks then Bo laid down the law and extra conditioning drills were done. I think they'll cut back on the chippyness and O vs D stuff.

Glad there is plenty of depth on the mediocre LB unit to replace the mediocre LB. So amazed that people are acting like NU just lost Prince, Gomes, and Dennard. Hope to see Fish bounce back and play well next year, but really, other than depth, this isn't huge.

I see what you are saying about the depth at LB, but I wouldn't call him mediocre. Fact is even though he is replaceable he was the best at his position and him being out will hurt the team. If nothing else the increased reps the other guys will have to play will have an impact. Don't down play this, this is a big deal.

Maybe not that big, you have to realize, 1 or 2 LB's will be on the field at a time. Still plenty of depth there

I think that people who are worried about physical practices have to remember that just as many injuries (if not more) happen from non-contact drills. When a kid jumps, there is a chance he will land wrong, when they make a sharp cut there is a chance something will tear. Its not like they are making these kids run into brick walls or hitting them with sledge hammers.