Jersey color

So I was playing NCAA '11 last night against Rutgers at home and they wore red away jerseys and I wore white home jerseys. It kind of got me wondering, does anyone know of a time we had to wear white home jerseys or red away jerseys to accomodate the other teams colors? None come to my mind. I know it is kind of a stupid question but the game just got me thinking a little bit.

I remember playing red jerseys at away games before, but I'm not recalling when off the top of my head. It happens, but it's not common. n.e.husker is right about Wiscy - we'll have to figure something out with those guys.

Are you sure that you are not thinking of "road" games at neutral sites?

UW/NU do have similar unis, but I don't think that it will be a problem. One will have red jerseys, one will have white.

I remember playing red jerseys at away games before, but I'm not recalling when off the top of my head. It happens, but it's not common. n.e.husker is right about Wiscy - we'll have to figure something out with those guys.

Are you sure that you are not thinking of "road" games at neutral sites?

Maybe? I just have a recollection of thinking that it was odd seeing our home uniforms at someone else's field, and that it was because they wanted to wear a unique jersey, like Colorado wearing all black or something like that. It's not a solid memory, so I could be wrong.

So I was playing NCAA '11 last night against Rutgers at home and they wore red away jerseys and I wore white home jerseys. It kind of got me wondering, does anyone know of a time we had to wear white home jerseys or red away jerseys to accomodate the other teams colors? None come to my mind. I know it is kind of a stupid question but the game just got me thinking a little bit.

The only scenario i can think of is if we played at LSU or some other school that uses white as home jersey.

In 1976, preseason #1 Nebraska opened on the road in Baton Rouge vs LSU.

Nebraska wore their home red jerseys. LSU wore their white w/ gold pants.

LSU tied Nebraska 6-6.

In the 1977 Liberty Bowl, both Nebraska & North Carolina wore their home jerseys.

Nebraska beat the powder blue clad Tar Heels 21-17.

Another "all color game" in 1978, Hawaii visited Memorial Stadium and wore ther home green jerseys.

Nebraska won 56-10.

• Fire 2

In 1976, preseason #1 Nebraska opened on the road in Baton Rouge vs LSU.

Nebraska wore their home red jerseys. LSU wore their white w/ gold pants.

LSU tied Nebraska 6-6.

In the 1977 Liberty Bowl, both Nebraska & North Carolina wore their home jerseys.

Nebraska beat the powder blue clad Tar Heels 21-17.

Another "all color game" in 1978, Hawaii visited Memorial Stadium and wore ther home green jerseys.

Nebraska won 56-10.

Wow, thanks for the info man! Did you research that or remember it off the top of your head?