Sipple

I agree with Sip...

Does the average fan even care about media access?

It says here most Nebraska fans do care. At least they should care. The media, in many ways, is an extension of the fans. Limiting media access to Husker players and coaches would in some ways punish those fervent and loyal fans that help define the program, and help pay Bo’s salary.

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2010/08/19/football/doc4c6c9e7d267ca380265651.txt

While both of these articles make sense, there still is something I don't like.

Driven by fan demand, their boss, deadlines, or anything else, I still think its bad policy to be calling family members of the injured player hours afterwards for confirmation. Even if it is as a service to us fans, that doesn't seem right.

I see where Bo is coming from and I like it, but I suppose I am not helping things with my own ravenous appetite for husker information. It really is a difficult situation to be in trying to control information, when so many sources are spreading the info.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Pelini said he was upset with reporters who called Fisher’s family and high school coach to get confirmation of the injury.

“The kid was still on the (operating) table last night, and people were calling the family,” he said. “That’s crossing the line.”

Maybe they should have "thought about the fans" before they pulled this garbage.

Two considerations here--intrusive media coverage and Bo ruling the journalists with an iron hand.

The media coverage is intrusive because rabid fans demand it. But players come to NU because of the rabid fans. You can’t have one without the other.

Bo rules the media with an iron hand because that’s how Bo gets things done. That’s how he got NU turned around from our lackadaisical ways of three years ago. Do we really want a softer, more gentle Bo Pelini?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Pelini said he was upset with reporters who called Fisher’s family and high school coach to get confirmation of the injury.

“The kid was still on the (operating) table last night, and people were calling the family,” he said. “That’s crossing the line.”

Maybe they should have "thought about the fans" before they pulled this garbage.

I agree with Bo on that comment. That was crossing the line. I understand his frustration with the media. If the media would quit whore-mongering when it came to coverage, this probably wouldn't have happened. The media needs to butt out of situations like this.

Personally i think everyones just goin nuts right now. with only 3 weeks to go, people are so hard up for the most aniticipated season in recent memory that this stuff, which is probably the norm and takes a back seat, is now in the frontlight just for something to talk about. No one's gonna give a darn anymore about media access when we're leading WKU 45-0 at halftime.

Personally i think everyones just goin nuts right now. with only 3 weeks to go, people are so hard up for the most aniticipated season in recent memory that this stuff, which is probably the norm and takes a back seat, is now in the frontlight just for something to talk about. No one's gonna give a darn anymore about media access when we're leading WKU 45-0 at halftime.

Are you serious? Did you just say that? Do you honestly think it'll take us that long to hang almost a half-a-hundy on em? :lol: