WR blocking

I was just wondering what people think about our wide receiver blocking and how much it will help our running game. We have some pretty big wide receivers starting for us this year and I'm curious as to how effective they will be. I personally don't think that most corners can match up with us physically and that it's going to be a good year for our running backs.

I would agree. Niles and BK are big, big receivers. Niles is a beast and i've heard that BK added some muscle in the offseason. I've read a few articles where they both discuss how they enjoy being physical and look forward to punishing corners.

“It’s a whole lot of fun,” Kinnie said. “What the DBs don’t like this year is that the wide receivers have a little swagger about themselves. And they see that me and Niles like to be physical, and we like to put our hands on people. And that’s the big thing. We take big-time pride in that, in being physical and knowing that they’re going to feel us every play.”

Link

They should help out tremendously in the run game. This season can't come soon enough......

I would agree. Niles and BK are big, big receivers. Niles is a beast and i've heard that BK added some muscle in the offseason. I've read a few articles where they both discuss how they enjoy being physical and look forward to punishing corners.

“It’s a whole lot of fun,” Kinnie said. “What the DBs don’t like this year is that the wide receivers have a little swagger about themselves. And they see that me and Niles like to be physical, and we like to put our hands on people. And that’s the big thing. We take big-time pride in that, in being physical and knowing that they’re going to feel us every play.”

Link

They should help out tremendously in the run game. This season can't come soon enough......

Very excited to see our running attack in action.

I don't think blocking by WR is ever made or broken by the size of receivers. It is about desire and getting the WRs to buy into the importance of blocking. It was always a point of emphasis during the Osborne years and we got some great blocking by some pint size receivers.

Outweighing the people you are blocking by 20-30 lbs never hurt though. :horns2

I don't think blocking by WR is ever made or broken by the size of receivers. It is about desire and getting the WRs to buy into the importance of blocking. It was always a point of emphasis during the Osborne years and we got some great blocking by some pint size receivers.

Outweighing the people you are blocking by 20-30 lbs never hurt though. :horns2

True dat

Niles and BK are very solid at run blocking. One of the other reasons for moving McNeil to the slot was exactly to help with run blocking. McNeil was OK at run blocking as a tight end but should fair much better against a DB instead of DE/LB.

I think our run blocking will be fantastic this year.

Very good point!

Smashmouth at NU is back. :koolaid2: