19 North Carolina

20 Auburn

21 Missouri

22 Pittsburgh

23 Cincinnati

24 West Virginia

25 Arkansas

Linky

But Hart loves Mizzou, ranking them higher (#21) than all but two other AP voters.

I dont agree with where he has us in relation to who he has ahead of us. Penn St will likely be an 8 win team. Oregon has way to many questions. Wisconsin has way to hard a schedule. Without going into it deeper those are just a few that we should be ranked ahead. I would have to look at others schedules and returning players to pick it apart any further. I think we are more in the 8-12 range.

apparently, he is out of there:

AP replaces two voters in poll

By Mike DeArmond - Posted on 24 August 2010

The Associated Press has just replaced two voters that voted in its pre-season poll. No reason given but it is usually because the voter has requested the change, largely because that person is not now primarily involved with covering college football or for some other conflict.

But I couldn't help noticing that one of the voters replaced was one of five persons who voted Missouri in their Top 25 pre-season list.

That would be Tom Hart of the Big Ten Network, replaced by Dave Curtis of the Sporting News. Again, without being told this by the AP, I figure someone thought it was not a good idea to have someone associated with a particular conference voting.

The other change was Brett McMurphy of AOL FanHouse replacing Scott Carter of the Tampa Tribune.

Carter is headed to the University of Florida as a web-site writer. Can't have a school employee voting in the poll, otherwise it would be just like the USA Today/Coaches' poll.

Read more: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1088#ixzz0xetBOstC

link

From his online bio at CBS

Tom Hart is a veteran football and basketball play-by-play announcer for CBS College Sports Network, now in his fifth season. Hart graduated from University of Missouri after spending one season playing football at Quincy (Ill.) University. A native of Columbia, Mo., he was previously the television announcer for Georgia Tech football and host of the Atlanta Braves minor league show "Movin On Up".

apparently, he is out of there:

AP replaces two voters in poll

By Mike DeArmond - Posted on 24 August 2010

The Associated Press has just replaced two voters that voted in its pre-season poll. No reason given but it is usually because the voter has requested the change, largely because that person is not now primarily involved with covering college football or for some other conflict.

But I couldn't help noticing that one of the voters replaced was one of five persons who voted Missouri in their Top 25 pre-season list.

That would be Tom Hart of the Big Ten Network, replaced by Dave Curtis of the Sporting News. Again, without being told this by the AP, I figure someone thought it was not a good idea to have someone associated with a particular conference voting.

The other change was Brett McMurphy of AOL FanHouse replacing Scott Carter of the Tampa Tribune.

Carter is headed to the University of Florida as a web-site writer. Can't have a school employee voting in the poll, otherwise it would be just like the USA Today/Coaches' poll.

Read more: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1088#ixzz0xetBOstC

link

Good bye Tom Hart. I hardly knew ya.

btw, Hart used to be teamed up with Trev once in a while covering games for CBS.

I dont agree with where he has us in relation to who he has ahead of us. Penn St will likely be an 8 win team. Oregon has way to many questions. Wisconsin has way to hard a schedule. Without going into it deeper those are just a few that we should be ranked ahead. I would have to look at others schedules and returning players to pick it apart any further. I think we are more in the 8-12 range.

Wisconsin is a top 15 team. easy. Im actually disapointed they aren't higher in other polls....

Tom Hart is a veteran football and basketball play-by-play announcer for CBS College Sports Network, now in his fifth season. Hart graduated from University of Missouri after spending one season playing football at Quincy (Ill.) University. A native of Columbia, Mo., he was previously the television announcer for Georgia Tech football and host of the Atlanta Braves minor league show "Movin On Up".

Would also explain why Georgia Tech is ranked higher than us too. Personally I don't think we should be in the top 10 just yet but there is no way that Georgia Tech should be ranked higher than us. I do believe that we are a TOP 15 team though and I want this 2010 Husker team to prove a lot of critics wrong this year. GO BIG RED

Would also explain why Georgia Tech is ranked higher than us too. Personally I don't think we should be in the top 10 just yet but there is no way that Georgia Tech should be ranked higher than us. I do believe that we are a TOP 15 team though and I want this 2010 Husker team to prove a lot of critics wrong this year. GO BIG RED

you do know that GT was 11-3 and played in a BCS bowl game last year right? I believe they return 14 or 15 starters including their QB. Its not unreal for someone to have them ranked above NE, especially since we are in agreement that NE starting ranked as high as they are isnt necessarily correct. In fact I am with you on the top 15. I think the fair ranking is in the 14-16 range. And at that range I can understand and see why GT would/could be ranked ahead of NE.

you do know that GT was 11-3 and played in a BCS bowl game last year right? I believe they return 14 or 15 starters including their QB. Its not unreal for someone to have them ranked above NE, especially since we are in agreement that NE starting ranked as high as they are isnt necessarily correct. In fact I am with you on the top 15. I think the fair ranking is in the 14-16 range. And at that range I can understand and see why GT would/could be ranked ahead of NE.

Oh come one. NU clearly deserves to be preseason top 10. Last year's team beat UT, the team that played for the MNC. Well, we beat them in the regulation 60 minutes anyway. And we didn't lose much to graduation that can't be replaced. Sure, Suh is gone. But I don't think our D-line will be a weak link.

I realize you Mizzou Tigurls stick together. But Hart's votes are clearly out of control. That's why he got the boot from the AP voting. I'm curious. Do you agree with Hart that Mizzou deserves to be in the top 20 right now?

In case anyone's interested (from http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=T&s=13&p=26&w=1&t1=63&t2=0&v=0). Voters of note are in bold.

Voter/Rank

Bill Cole 3

Joe Giglio 3

Kyle Tucker 3

Craig James 4

Jon Wilner 4

Ray Ratto 4

Chris Fowler 5

Ferd Lewis 5

Jack Bogaczyk 5

John Shinn 5

Kirk Herbstreit 5