Enunwa to see pt as a true frosh

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/enunwa_will_play.html

Enunwa will play

Posted by: Brian Rosenthal on August 26, 2010 at 7:09PM CST

Keep an eye on Quincy Enunwa.

The wide receiver from Moreno Valley, Calif., will play this season as a true freshman, wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore said after Thursday’s practice.

“He’s turning some heads,” Gilmore said. “Before it’s all said and done, he’ll play as a true freshman. He’ll help us.”

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Enunwa caught more than 40 passes for nearly 600 yards as a senior at Rancho Verde High School, which also produced sophomore linebacker Eric Martin.

“He’s flashy,” Gilmore said of Enunwa. “Are there mistakes? Absolutely. But just ability-wise, and just making some plays, seeing some explosive movements, seeing a young man that’s, physically, ready to play ... we’ve got to get him there mentally.”

I im excited to see him in action. Since his recruitment, ive been anxious to see him on the field. He was kind of overlooked as a recruit, but we have heard good things of Quincy from Gilmore and Watson.

Ya thats the same thing that I was going to say about blocking. I will be completely sick if the same thing that happened with Bell happens w/ Quincy. He's a hell of a talent and they need to get the ball in his hands one way or the other. If you have to give him a package of 40 plays so he can memorize those then do it. From his build and what I saw on film he reminds me of a young Michael Crabtree. Obviously he has a long way to go to get to that level but at this stage there are similarities to me.

the kid is gonna be star... (or atleast in the nebraska wide reciever tradition)... i expect good things from him... i sense a strong engine in him and a real strong desire to prove something... almost as if he still has something to prove...... now couple that with TF playing time and you think it wouldn't be the case... but i still believe it is

If I remember correctly, Enunwa didn't really get a chance to start in HS till his Jr or maybe even Sr year b/c of the upperclassmen that got the nod over him at Moreno Valley. Now the playing field has leveled out for him on a Nebraska squad that seems bent on playing the top competitors. Frosh or not, if he's competing at a higher level than other WRs, then get him out there so he can start making plays.

The wide receiver from Moreno Valley, Calif., will play this season as a true freshman, wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore said after Thursday’s practice.

Btw, isn't it nice seeing a coach confirming news about our WR depth chart? It's about frickin' time!