Pierre Allen had "big-time" camp per Pelini

NUance

Life In The Red

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on August 28, 2010 at 3:45PM CST

Bo Pelini made it clear on Saturday he's anticipating big things from senior defensive end Pierre Allen this fall.

Allen was nagged by a turf toe injury and some aching knees last season. Two cortisone shots had to be given him each game.

He still produced 51 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and five sacks as part of the No. 1 scoring defense in the country.

But now Allen is feeling 100 percent. His head coach says it shows.

"I think he's had a big-time camp," Pelini said. "He's playing at a very high level right now. I think his confidence has just grown. I think he's healthier, bigger, faster, stronger than he has been. He played at a pretty high level last year but he looks a guy who's focused on taking it to another level this year."

One thing's certain: Allen has made it known he plans to have more than five sacks in 2010. linky

I hope the Pierre stays healthy, and puts the hurt on opposing QBs.

Im betting that we see a lot more production out of our rush end this year.

This will be another tough line for offenses to line up against.

Merideth and Ankrah

Crick and Randle

Baker and Moore

Allen and Williams

:throwdabones1:

Plenty of depth to cycle people through and keep everyone fresh. CPelini was on Sports Nightly and said he had the depth last year but because suh and company were so good he would forget to sub guys in and out. So if our offense cannot sustain drives at least we should have alot of fresh bodies to run in and out.

i've been a big time Pierre Allen fan, kid is solid, doesn't make mistakes, and gets after it.

I didn't know he was hurt so much last fall. I hope he stay's healthy so he can back too work and maybe raise his draft stock a bit.

:yeah

I remember watching him play in a Colorado HS basketball championship game on Altitude TV after he'd committed to us. Looked like a man among boys on the court and just a mean, Ugly SOB. I've loved him ever since!

We have a knack for putting DLinemen in the NFL-- Pierre will certainly be among them eventually.