Best Guess on Texas kickoff time

I bet people who enjoy NASCAR can defend it almost as heavily as soccer fans defend soccer.

I'm with you though. However, I also realize it's a cultural thing. My entire family (for the most part) thinks NASCAR is "a waste of time", ergo we never watch it. Same reason I never watched soccer in my family: nobody likes it.

Soccer has a worldwide following. NASCAR does not. Please don't compare the two.

120% Correct.

I bet people who enjoy NASCAR can defend it almost as heavily as soccer fans defend soccer.

I'm with you though. However, I also realize it's a cultural thing. My entire family (for the most part) thinks NASCAR is "a waste of time", ergo we never watch it. Same reason I never watched soccer in my family: nobody likes it.

Soccer has a worldwide following. NASCAR does not. Please don't compare the two.

120% Correct.

Actually NASCAR does have a worldwide following, so you would be 120% wrong. do a little research before you knock something you obviously haven't got a clue about. Just because you don't like/understand the sport doesn't mean you have reason to knock it. For arguments sake auto racing is WAY more popular worldwide than American football, not even a close competition. I am just as big of a Hukser fan as any one of you, but complaining about a time slot and knocking another popular sport isnt going to get anything done for you. The schedules are set YEARS in advance for races, contracts signed and so on and so on. They will not change it for a game!! get over it! As for people that like more than one sport and myself i will have a nice long day of watching Husker football and then the race. Cant wait

120% Correct.

Actually NASCAR does have a worldwide following, so you would be 120% wrong. do a little research before you knock something you obviously haven't got a clue about. Just because you don't like/understand the sport doesn't mean you have reason to knock it. For arguments sake auto racing is WAY more popular worldwide than American football, not even a close competition. I am just as big of a Hukser fan as any one of you, but complaining about a time slot and knocking another popular sport isnt going to get anything done for you. The schedules are set YEARS in advance for races, contracts signed and so on and so on. They will not change it for a game!! get over it! As for people that like more than one sport and myself i will have a nice long day of watching Husker football and then the race. Cant wait

Um, no. The rest of the world follows open wheel/formula 1 racing (Indy car) not Nascar. Also, turning left for 3 hours is not a sport.

120% Correct.

Its a bunch of cars going in a circle for hours. It's a "sport" in the same way playing video games is a sport. If the drivers did every other lap on their feet, maybe then it'd be a sport.

Its a bunch of cars going in a circle for hours. It's a "sport" in the same way playing video games is a sport. If the drivers did every other lap on their feet, maybe then it'd be a sport.

Yeah, I'm not sure how sitting in a car and driving constitutes a sport. I drive to work everyday, but I guess because I don't drive around in circles at high speeds it doesn't count? I don't know, I don't like soccer but it is definitely a sport. I don't like NASCAR and I will never call it a sport, because it's not.

I believe that if both teams are undefeated heading into this game that it will be on at night--some kind of schedule change will put in on ESPN or something. Nobody wants to give a definite time because let's face it, if Nebraska or Texas or both teams have a couple losses, this game isn't quite as appealing to anybody outside of Nebraska/Texas fan base. I'll never in a million years defend putting NASCAR on above college football, but hey, to each their own I guess.

Ding ding ding! I think you hit it on the head. As long as both sides are undefeated will will get a national slot on ESPN at night.

Yeah, I'm not sure how sitting in a car and driving constitutes a sport. I drive to work everyday, but I guess because I don't drive around in circles at high speeds it doesn't count? I don't know, I don't like soccer but it is definitely a sport. I don't like NASCAR and I will never call it a sport, because it's not.

Do you sit in your car for 3-4 hours at a time driving between 170 and 200 mph while dodging road rage crazies of the world(kyle busch)??? Im guessing no, the fact these guys train all year round and the season last 9-10 months of the year. Yes thats right they work on cardio and strength training help their endurance while driving a manual transmission. When they have an off week they race something else, some guys 2-3 races a week based on series and location. The drivers lose about 10 pounds during the race, in which they where firesuit(it helps protect in case you catch on fire). The cars dont have that high quality air conditioning were used too on our everyday drive, they have a single hose that blows cool air into a helmet that they where during the race, you know incase they crash. Their also STRATEGY involved, just like in FOOTBALL. The pit crews are actually ATHLETES, many of them are former college/nfl/hockey players that get hired on because they're ATHLETES. It is much TEAM SPORT as any other, some guys even drive for the same owner making them TEAMMATES, plus that have to rely on the pit crew to help them get the car better during the race.

Yes I watch NASCAR, but I follow other forms racing too. I grew up around it, had family directly involved for some years on the local level.

The 4th grade explanation was justified because you obviously live under a rock. Maybe turn on the Speed Channel every once in a while, it might give you better perspective. Not saying you have to like it, but atleast respect it. I dont like soccer, but I respect the athletes that play it.

Do you sit in your car for 3-4 hours at a time driving between 170 and 200 mph while dodging road rage crazies of the world(kyle busch)??? Im guessing no, the fact these guys train all year round and the season last 9-10 months of the year. Yes thats right they work on cardio and strength training help their endurance while driving a manual transmission. When they have an off week they race something else, some guys 2-3 races a week based on series and location. The drivers lose about 10 pounds during the race, in which they where firesuit(it helps protect in case you catch on fire). The cars dont have that high quality air conditioning were used too on our everyday drive, they have a single hose that blows cool air into a helmet that they where during the race, you know incase they crash. Their also STRATEGY involved, just like in FOOTBALL. The pit crews are actually ATHLETES, many of them are former college/nfl/hockey players that get hired on because they're ATHLETES. It is much TEAM SPORT as any other, some guys even drive for the same owner making them TEAMMATES, plus that have to rely on the pit crew to help them get the car better during the race.

Yes I watch NASCAR, but I follow other forms racing too. I grew up around it, had family directly involved for some years on the local level.

The 4th grade explanation was justified because you obviously live under a rock. Maybe turn on the Speed Channel every once in a while, it might give you better perspective. Not saying you have to like it, but atleast respect. I dont like soccer, but I respect the athletes that play it, same goes for the WNBA.

You lost all credit with the WNBA part

The 4th grade explanation was justified because you obviously live under a rock. Maybe turn on the Speed Channel every once in a while, it might give you better perspective. Not saying you have to like it, but atleast respect it. I dont like soccer, but I respect the athletes that play it.

You lost all credit with the WNBA part

That was a low blow on my part. Fixed it.