Do you think Bo Pelini needs to be a little nicer and show some respect?

I'm watching all these interviews and it looks like Pelini needs to take a chill pill and show some more class and respect. With the way he paces the sidelines and talks to media no wonder all these calls are going against us. He also banned the media for three days which is weird and none else does. He seems to make rude or smart comments to the media and seems angry a lot. I just wish he would be a little more friendly. I don't want people to start viewing our program like that as we are very classy and good people and fans here in Nebraska. Hes from Ohio and may not get it. I would just like to know what your thoughts and opinions are on this. Or is it just me that sees this behavior?

Bo has a job to do and so does the media but the media has shown in the past that they will intentionally ask the same questions over and over only to receive the same answer. I'm sorry but at my job I hear the same questions over and over and over from the same people that you just get to a point and you freak out because you can only repeat yourself so much.

I don't have a problem with the way Bo talks to the media because at times they deserve this type of "tough love". As long as Bo is putting a good product onto the field and winning games I don't care if we get our questions answered as long as its getting results on the field.

I'm watching all these interviews and it looks like Pelini needs to take a chill pill and show some more class and respect. With the way he paces the sidelines and talks to media no wonder all these calls are going against us. He also banned the media for three days which is weird and none else does. He seems to make rude or smart comments to the media and seems angry a lot. I just wish he would be a little more friendly. I don't want people to start viewing our program like that as we are very classy and good people and fans here in Nebraska. Hes from Ohio and may not get it. I would just like to know what your thoughts and opinions are on this. Or is it just me that sees this behavior?

my father died choking to death on a chill pill, so no, i would not advise anyone to "take a chill pill". :moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

Bo's not the first coach to have media conflicts. Mack Brown did the exact same thing to reporters for posting an injury during practice on twitter. What's the statement about, "He's from Ohio and may not get it"? Does something about being from the state of Ohio matter? Fact is Bo came from a tough, blue collar city and upbringing and sometimes that rough exterior comes through a bit too much. Bottom line is as long as Bo treats his players well and they have healthy relationships and have a solid program on and off the field, he can throw piss baloons at reporters for all I care.

• Fire 2

Bo has a job to do and so does the media but the media has shown in the past that they will intentionally ask the same questions over and over only to receive the same answer. I'm sorry but at my job I hear the same questions over and over and over from the same people that you just get to a point and you freak out because you can only repeat yourself so much.

I don't have a problem with the way Bo talks to the media because at times they deserve this type of "tough love". As long as Bo is putting a good product onto the field and winning games I don't care if we get our questions answered as long as its getting results on the field.

Sounds fair. But you are right he needs to win. If we lose 4 games this year he will be on the hot seat.

Sounds fair. But you are right he needs to win. If we lose 4 games this year he will be on the hot seat.

no way. he'd have to do worse than that to be on the hot seat

"say, did you get the memo about the cover sheet for the TPS reports?"

I think right now Bo is setting a tone for the program, circling the wagons. He doesn't want to laugh and joke all day cuz he inheireted kids who were used to not being held accountable. He can't be "mr. Tough Guy" to their faces all day at practice and then 5 minutes later be mr. Slick Talk to the media when practice is over.

Plus, it's just his personality. After we win a couple conference titles and his culture and expectations are fully engrained, I could see Pelini a bit more relaxed. Not Mr Nice Guy but a little more relaxed.

Bo's not the first coach to have media conflicts. Mack Brown did the exact same thing to reporters for posting an injury during practice on twitter. What's the statement about, "He's from Ohio and may not get it"? Does something about being from the state of Ohio matter? Fact is Bo came from a tough, blue collar city and upbringing and sometimes that rough exterior comes through a bit too much. Bottom line is as long as Bo treats his players well and they have healthy relationships and have a solid program on and off the field, he can throw piss baloons at reporters for all I care.

Nothing against Ohio. I'm just saying we have a certain tradition here he may not get. Turner Gill should be the coach anyway. Or someone from Nebraska. No one has proven anything since Osborne left except proving they can lose. Bo has lost 8 games in two seasons and has yet to prove himself. Once he wins a title he can talk all he wants but until them he needs to relax.

Also I'm not asking him to be a pushover. I'm just asking him to show some class and respect and relax a bit. All of this anger towards the officials WILL cost us a big game eventually.

Say he costs us the Texas game by being nasty to a ref.. you will all bump this back up and agree with my comments. Everyone that turns out to be right is thought to be crazy or just plain wrong at first.

Huskerfan83, Just by your name Im not surprised u think Gill should be coach, lol.

Bur seriously Gill isn't 'from' N any more than Bo isn't. Yeah he hasn't proved anything yet except that he can take a lazy, fat, uniterested, underacheiving, ill-prepared, nepotistic, sloppy, and undisciplined team and in two short years have them ranked inside the top 15 to finish a season and inside the top 10 to start the next. Yeah he needs wins but being 'nice to the media' doesn't bring wins.

Say he costs us the Texas game by being nasty to a ref.. you will all bump this back up and agree with my comments. Everyone that turns out to be right is thought to be crazy or just plain wrong at first.

Nice way to acclimate yourself to Huskerboard. Our coach is a mean loser who needs to be fired so we can hire Turner Gill - is that about right so far?

Nothing against Ohio. I'm just saying we have a certain tradition here he may not get. Turner Gill should be the coach anyway. Or someone from Nebraska. No one has proven anything since Osborne left except proving they can lose. Bo has lost 8 games in two seasons and has yet to prove himself. Once he wins a title he can talk all he wants but until them he needs to relax.

Also I'm not asking him to be a pushover. I'm just asking him to show some class and respect and relax a bit. All of this anger towards the officials WILL cost us a big game eventually.

Gill should be the coach? facepalm.gif

Do people from Michigan get Nebraska better than people from Ohio?nutkick.gif

Bo sets very clear expectations of the media, they violated what he'd told them, where was the class and respect shown by the reporters calling Fisher's family and friends while he was getting his leg set at the hospital?

rant.gif

who would not be annoyed by the media? and the coaches who are affable and get along with the media, they really do not say anything worth note, so from my perspective, he is just more honest. he is not mean, he is curt. it can be hilarious, how he answers the questions. another problem is that they do not want to talk about the same things. either way, it is just a personality thing. i do not think he thinks he is rude or mean, he just is not willing to give them what they want. that being said, i would not want to be a sports writer interviewing him, or maybe i would, i do not know.