PENN STATE/ NEBRASKA

I'm loving this, I want us to have a tougher schedule so people stop running their mouths about how we schedule cupcakes. Get Fresno St. and those the heck out of here and bring on the Alabamas, Floridas, LSU's, etc.

fresno st. is a good program. they play anyone, anywhere, that leads to a bad record.

I think the schedule is about maximizing TV eyeballs. These guys know what they are doing marketing wise. They announce the new divisions and schedules the day before the season starts so every single televised game tonight and this weekend announcers will be talking about the Big Ten no matter which conference is actually playing in the game being televised.

For Nebraska's first season the best way to maximize TV is to have Nebraska play all the big programs in the conference, the ratings will be through the roof. It's no accident that Nebraska's conference homer opener is against the flagship program (at the moment). I made this prediction some time back on this board that Nebraska's homer opener was going to be one of the "big three."

Not so much a "welcome to the Big Ten, now earn your spot," as it is a "we are going to soak this thing for all it's worth up front and let people know this is going to be a great conference line-up."

All about marketing. My two cents...

• Fire 1

So the full schedule is:

Fresno State

Washington

@Wyoming

@Wisconsin

Ohio State

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

@Michigan

Iowa

CCG

Bowl Game

I believe we are missing a non conference game, should we see if Alabama wants a home game and make this the most Bad A** schedule ever :throwdabones1:

Man, that is a tough 2011 but could be even worse considering Washington could continue to improve with Sark, Wisc is on an upswing and supposedly Mich State too, Penn St will have a very experienced team esp at QB by 2011, OSU and Iowa will always be tough and Mich may have things on the upswing by then but probably not. Good Luck!!!

So the full schedule is:

Fresno State

Washington

@Wyoming

@Wisconsin

Ohio State

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

@Michigan

Iowa

CCG

Bowl Game

I believe we are missing a non conference game, should we see if Alabama wants a home game and make this the most Bad A** schedule ever :throwdabones1:

Man, that is a tough 2011 but could be even worse considering Washington could continue to improve with Sark, Wisc is on an upswing and supposedly Mich State too, Penn St will have a very experienced team esp at QB by 2011, OSU and Iowa will always be tough and Mich may have things on the upswing by then but probably not. Good Luck!!!

True, but UW will be breaking in a new QB next year.