PENN STATE/ NEBRASKA

I hope we win a National Championship this year because it may be our last chance...

You can't be serious. Might as well throw up the white flag with that statement. You should be ashamed to think such things.

I wasn't really serious but I was implying that making it through that schedule every year is going to be VERY hard.

So the full schedule is:

Fresno State

Washington

@Wyoming

@Wisconsin

Ohio State

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

@Michigan

Iowa

CCG

Bowl Game

I believe we are missing a non conference game, should we see if Alabama wants a home game and make this the most Bad A** schedule ever :throwdabones1:

You forgot the mighty Wildcats of KSUcks...wait, wrong conference. The mighty Wildcats of Northwestern as a home game in 2011

So the full schedule is:

Fresno State

Washington

@Wyoming

@Wisconsin

Ohio State

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

@Michigan

Iowa

CCG

Bowl Game

I believe we are missing a non conference game, should we see if Alabama wants a home game and make this the most Bad A** schedule ever :throwdabones1:

Should we schedule West Virgina in the bye week? Any other states that start with W?

Western Kentucky? I heard they were pretty good :sarcasm

So are we keeping the Friday after Thanksgiving game when we play Iowa or are we playing on Saturday now?

:yeah

I hope we keep the day after Thanksgiving game. I noticed we play Iowa that week on both 2011 & 2012 Schedule.

NO

We play UM the Saturday before, we will want 7 days before we play again. I understand this schedule is all about eyes and TV sets, but it would have been nice if they would have mixed in an Illinois or Indiana instead of OSU and PSU.

As for PSU being our protected rival, meh. :moreinteresting

I think the schedule is about maximizing TV eyeballs. These guys know what they are doing marketing wise. They announce the new divisions and schedules the day before the season starts so every single televised game tonight and this weekend announcers will be talking about the Big Ten no matter which conference is actually playing in the game being televised.

For Nebraska's first season the best way to maximize TV is to have Nebraska play all the big programs in the conference, the ratings will be through the roof. It's no accident that Nebraska's conference homer opener is against the flagship program (at the moment). I made this prediction some time back on this board that Nebraska's homer opener was going to be one of the "big three."

Not so much a "welcome to the Big Ten, now earn your spot," as it is a "we are going to soak this thing for all it's worth up front and let people know this is going to be a great conference line-up."

All about marketing. My two cents...

+1 My thoughts exactly. In fact yesterday I found myself thinking "we should be focusing on the season at hand, not the 2011 season. But....it's so fun thinking about the possibilities that I just can...cannnn't....help my....self.

They sure made it as brutal as possible for our welcome party :dumdum

@ Wisconsin

Ohio State

@ Penn State

@ Michigan

Iowa

Ohio State (CCG)

might as well get a taste of the future in one big gulp. the "other" teams will rotate in 2012,2013 and beyond... indiana, illinois, purdue.

So are we keeping the Friday after Thanksgiving game when we play Iowa or are we playing on Saturday now?

:yeah

I hope we keep the day after Thanksgiving game. I noticed we play Iowa that week on both 2011 & 2012 Schedule.

NO

We play UM the Saturday before, we will want 7 days before we play again. I understand this schedule is all about eyes and TV sets, but it would have been nice if they would have mixed in an Illinois or Indiana instead of OSU and PSU.

As for PSU being our protected rival, meh. :moreinteresting

could be worse... coulda made OSU the protected rival.

Remember that conference realignment may not be done, and it's possible that 2011 is the only year we'll play this schedule. BOJ was correct about maximizing eyeballs as the primary explanation for this schedule. They want as many people looking at the Big 10 as possible, and this schedule will certainly help, which will boost ratings, which will make the Big 10 even more interesting for prospective teams.

The Big 12-2 is on the brink of collapse. If A&M doesn't get the money they expect, they're bolting. Missouri already has one foot out the door. The Pac-10+2 has a door open ready and waiting for half the Big12. The MAC wants to increase their appeal, and the ACC isn't going to sit around idle if this all starts up again.

Even if none of that happens, they came out and said that they're likely going to go to a nine-game schedule in 2015, so even if there's no more expansion, we're only looking at this schedule for one cycle, then it's going to change again.

I say let's play 'em all and let it sort itself out on the field. There isn't a team on that schedule we can't beat.