Who starts DL/OL

Redmusky

IMO

LT -sirles/hardrick LG Williams C Caputo RG Henry RT Jones

DE Merideth DT Crick DT Moore/Baker DE Allen

Who do you think starts sirles or hardrick Moore or baker

After losing two LB's who played last year who starts or was Compton not going to be the starter

Ive heard good things from the coaches about J sirles, and that Yoshi is picking it up fast, i think its a push.

I will say baker gets the nod at DT.

Will Compton would have started. I think Lavonte David and Mathew May step into starting LBs.

IMO

LT -sirles/hardrick LG Williams C Caputo RG Henry RT Jones

DE Merideth DT Crick DT Moore/Baker DE Allen

Who do you think starts sirles or hardrick Moore or baker

After losing two LB's who played last year who starts or was Compton not going to be the starter

I say Hardrick gets the start. I think Compton was definitely going to start. As I understood, he was the signal caller on defense. He made sure everyone was in the proper place for whatever defense was called. Now that he is out I think Lavonte David starts with (hopefully) Eric Martin. I'm less sure of Martin starting, I'd just like to see him out there.

Not really a comment on who's starting or not but I do know that Andrew Rodriguez will play Saturday.

768509.jpg

Even after his recent MIP?

Yes.

NU's offensive line rotation still unclear for Saturday

Filed by Jon Nyatawa « Blog - Big Red Today7:27 p.m.: Nebraska assistant Barney Cotton didn't go too in depth Wednesday about how he planned to distribute playing time on the offensive line during the Huskers' season opener.

He did make one promise, though.

"There are going to be more than five guys playing," Cotton said after practice.

Ideally, he'd like to eventually settle on an eight-man rotation, though Cotton wouldn't be opposed if one or two others worked their way into the mix. Eight's the minimum target, he said.

At this point, the best guess is that Cotton has center Mike Caputo, and guards Keith Williams and Ricky Henry locked into first-team jobs.

But at the two tackle positions, the picture's not as clear. Cotton isn't revealing much these days, either.

He said junior college transfer Jermarcus Hardrick and redshirt freshman Jeremiah Sirles are working at left tackle but Sirles also has seen time at the right spot. Coach Bo Pelini mentioned Tuesday that the staff is still considering playing either Marcel Jones or D.J. Jones, two veterans at right tackle, on the left side.

Who knows? Bottom-line, Cotton said, is that things are still being worked out.

"We're tying to create some more depth and having more guys play more than one side," Cotton said.

Cotton also said that true freshman Andrew Rodriguez is expected to see the field Saturday.

Also some more on Rodriguez.

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON and BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Rodriguez pushing for snaps: Add Andrew Rodriguez to the small list of true freshmen who could see playing time this season.

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said coaches are committed to playing Rodriguez, an offensive lineman from Aurora.

"We'll see what happens. You try to save those guys, but in today's game, I don't think it's wise to save freshmen anymore (when) you have a need for that talent," Watson said. "We're moving forward and getting him ready like he's going to take downs."