New linebackers ready to repair first-game mistakes

NshawU

It didn't look like this was posted, but here is a good article about what David and Whaley went through before Saturday.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100906/BIGRED/709069871

After reading this, is it any surprise that WKU gashed us for some yards? Whaley had two days to prepare for being in charge of the calls.

We're not lacking talent at the LB position. The mistakes that were made on Saturday are all coach-able and shouldn't take long to fix.

Things didn't look all that great from a defensive stand point last week but they got some game film and those kids will have some of the best defensive coaches in the country coaching them up this week so I think will see a marked improvement come Saturday. :throwdabones1:

Those kids were thrown to the wolves and it may end up as a blessing in disguise. Once Compton comes back will have that much more experienced depth

It didn't look like this was posted, but here is a good article about what David and Whaley went through before Saturday.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100906/BIGRED/709069871

After reading this, is it any surprise that WKU gashed us for some yards? Whaley had two days to prepare for being in charge of the calls.

We're not lacking talent at the LB position. The mistakes that were made on Saturday are all coach-able and shouldn't take long to fix.

Agreed, Bo and Carl will take care of it.

Why can't somebody who knows the defense like Hagg or Gomes make the defensive calls and line everybody up correctly?

I know last year, O'Hanlon was the one who made sure everyone was lined up correctly a majority of the time. Asante also did too, but it was mostly O'Hanlon.

Bo stated that the LB or DB makes the call depending on the D set up 1/2/3 LBs

“Once I saw it, it was real simple,” David said. “I've got to be in that right place. If I was in that right place, I probably would have made a lot more plays.”

If he makes any more plays, he could easily be a 20+ tackle guy. He already had 13 on Saturday.

Love watching this guy play for our D, he's just everywhere the ball is.