New Coaches Poll is out

ADS

we have less unanswered questions than most top ten teams.

This is why I'm not upset about our ranking right now. We haven't been up this high for years and years, and it's easy to think we're overranked (and we might be), but bottom line is, there hasn't been that much to be impressed about from other schools so far.

Until we start showing serious signs of trouble, we have an improved offense that seems capable of moving the ball and we have a defense that looks decent and which is coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game today. There's a lot to like with that combination.

Yes, there certainly is. I think the BigRedMachine is very close to being "back".

if by back, you mean we can compete with anyone, i think we are. if by back you mean we will dominate every game, not even close.

Well actually, right between those two. Other than the 1995 team, no NU team dominated every game.

But yeah, I think we're very close to a typical very tough TO team. Or will be soon this year. Maybe too much kool-aid? :koolaid2:

We'll see!

we should be favored in every regular season game. if we lose more than two games in regular season play, this will be a seriously disappointing season.

This is why I'm not upset about our ranking right now. We haven't been up this high for years and years, and it's easy to think we're overranked (and we might be), but bottom line is, there hasn't been that much to be impressed about from other schools so far.

Until we start showing serious signs of trouble, we have an improved offense that seems capable of moving the ball and we have a defense that looks decent and which is coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game today. There's a lot to like with that combination.

Yes, there certainly is. I think the BigRedMachine is very close to being "back".

if by back, you mean we can compete with anyone, i think we are. if by back you mean we will dominate every game, not even close.

Well actually, right between those two. Other than the 1995 team, no NU team dominated every game.

But yeah, I think we're very close to a typical very tough TO team. Or will be soon this year. Maybe too much kool-aid? :koolaid2:

We'll see!

we should be favored in every regular season game. if we lose more than two games in regular season play, this will be a seriously disappointing season.

I think you'll be a very happy camper my friend. I don't see more than two losses at all. I'll be very surprised if we have more than one loss and think about a 50% chance of zero losses going into the ccg.

We'll see!

I think you'll be a very happy camper my friend. I don't see more than two losses at all. I'll be very surprised if we have more than one loss and think about a 50% chance of zero losses going into the ccg.

You are chugging some serious kool-aid my friend. Too many questions about this team for me to make a prediction like that.

• Fire 1

I'll just leave this right here:

Results for Nebraska

Week 2: Sep. 07, 2010 -- 02:00 PM US-EDT

Voter Rank

Bill Cole 3

Joe Giglio 3

Chris Fowler 4

Craig James 4

Kyle Tucker 4

Adam Zuvanich 5

Greg Archuleta 5

Jack Bogaczyk 5

John Shinn 5

Jon Wilner 5

Kyle Veazey 5

Lisa Byington 5

Manny Navarro 5

Matt McCoy 5

Pete DiPrimio 5

Ray Fittipaldo 5

Chip Cosby 6

Cole Harvey 6

Dave Foster 6

Doug Lesmerises 6

Steve Sipple 6

Bob Hammond 7

Brett McMurphy 7

David Jones 7

Desmond Conner 7

Doug Haller 7

Ferd Lewis 7

Marcus Fuller 7

Scott Wolf 7

Wes Rucker 7

Bob Condotta 8

Garland Gillen 8

John Werner 8

Randy Rosetta 8

Ray Ratto 8

Robert Cessna 8

Steve Conroy 8

Tom Keegan 8

Travis Haney 8

Cecil Hurt 9

Keith Sargeant 9

Kirk Bohls 9

Kirk Herbstreit 9

Kyle Ringo 9

Wade Denniston 9

Andy Staples 10

Bob Asmussen 10

Chadd Cripe 10

John Niyo 10

Jon Solomon 10

Mark Anderson 10

Mike Hlas 10

Tom Mulhern 10

Rob Long 11

Tom Murphy 11

Eric Hansen 12

John Hunt 12

Mike DeArmond 14

Sal Interdonato 14

Dave Curtis N/A

Summary for Nebraska

Week 2: Sep. 07, 2010 -- 02:00 PM US-EDT

Best Ranking 3

Worst Ranking 14

Most Common Ranking (11 times) 5

Average 7.56

We'll see!

You are chugging some serious kool-aid my friend. Too many questions about this team for me to make a prediction like that.

Heh....yeah, probably so.

But we only lost three games last year in the regular season with "zero" offense. I'm on the TMart wagon in a big way. The kid has outrageous talent and with Roy/Rex and a reasonably improved OLine.....well, here I go again....ha!

Hey wifey.....grab me another glass of that :koolaid2:

Why not drink the :koolaid2: for now at least. Bo seems to think our D is at least just as good as last year. And I think we can all agree our Offense is A LOT better this year. It's almost like some of you are skeerd that we are rated this high. I like to have a bulls eye on our back...again. If history repeats itself, Bo's team gets better with time. I like our ranking and I like are chances. More :koolaid2: please, thank you.

I see we're still rated higher than we should be...still too many questions.

did you think we were going to drop in the rankings?

Not at all. After beating the worst team from last year, I think it's a stretch to say we belong in the top 10.

THAT WAS LAST YEAR, I BET THEY ARN'T AT THE END OF THIS YEAR GUY

Did you watch any football this last Saturday? I mean any other games/team from the top 10 let alone top 25? You were seriously sitting there saying "damn, I don't think we would have a chance in hell to beat one of these guys"

Get over it, we are easily Top 10.

Not at all. After beating the worst team from last year, I think it's a stretch to say we belong in the top 10.

Did you watch any football this last Saturday? I mean any other games/team from the top 10 let alone top 25? You were seriously sitting there saying "damn, I don't think we would have a chance in hell to beat one of these guys"

Right now I think both of the teams that played last night beat us in Lincoln.

Amusing response.

Agreed, compared to other top teams besides Boise, Bama, tOSU, I'd say we looked decent to good. Defense needs cleaned up but we already know Bo will make that happen ASAP.