After Game Thoughts

He started getting the droppsies there, but was definately impressive. I was most surprised by how badly Uncle Cory played. He may have gotten 75 yards, but he was simply abysmal. Taylor is an obvious upgrade but still seems to make dumb mistakes when he's got pressure in his face. He was very poised and collected in the pocket most of the time, but he seemed to lose his concentration as the game wore on. As I said in the other thread, the offensive line was very impressive in pass protection but dropped the ball on the rush. The fumbles were Cory's fault, but the lack of holes was not.

On the flip side the Blackshirts, and specificaly the linebacker corps, were awesome. 11 sacks! I know it's Maine, but that's a lot a pressure no matter which way you slice it. If they can keep the blitz up against real teams we'll see a much improved pass rush. Aside from the blown coverage by Wilson our defensive backs also played very well and I was impressed by how quickly Tierre was able to get into a rythym and play like he had been a corner his entire career.

After everyone else gets done tonight I'm gonna be posting a stats analysis of all our upcoming opponents, so I'm gonna go do that.

edit: Just gotta wait till Pitt and Baylor are done :)

This team wins 3 games this year, tops.

It was freakin' Maine!!! NU beat a better 1-AA team last year by 40 points, and went 5-6!!!

I am so frustrated right now, I hope I'm just overreacting, but this team looks worse offensively than last year.

The D looked pretty good, but it was freakin' Maine!!!

They will only be good until they figure out the season is a total loss, like last year.

Sheesh. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm afraid I'm not.

Taylor was a pathetic 15-36 with 2 INT's. JD may have had 4 INT's in last year's opener, but I think the two are comparable. Good start for Zac, but he went something like 7-25 after a quick start. Unacceptable. Granted, some balls were dropped, but that happened to JD too. I absolutely can't believe this. I was soooooo hyped this year, hoping for better. Now I doubt it will happen. Thanks Pedey.

Cory Ross...not good.

Brandon Jackson...okay.

Marlon Lucky...pretty good.

CODY GLENN! NOT EVEN A CHANCE! Give him the ball... :wtf

Anyone can get on here and bash me for saying this...I dont care. Yes i'm upset that he wasnt even given a chance...and I was NOT impressed with Ross...Jackson and Lucky did alright.

Rough start for Huskers...but still got a win.

:yeah

Cory Ross...not good.

Brandon Jackson...okay.

Marlon Lucky...pretty good.

CODY GLENN! NOT EVEN A CHANCE! Give him the ball... :wtf

Anyone can get on here and bash me for saying this...I dont care. Yes i'm upset that he wasnt even given a chance...and I was NOT impressed with Ross...Jackson and Lucky did alright.

Rough start for Huskers...but still got a win.

:yeah

This isn't preseason, not everyone is going to get a chance; especialy after Marlon showed he wouldn't cough it up every drive.

Taylor was a pathetic 15-36 with 2 INT's. JD may have had 4 INT's in last year's opener, but I think the two are comparable. Good start for Zac, but he went something like 7-25 after a quick start. Unacceptable. Granted, some balls were dropped, but that happened to JD too. I absolutely can't believe this. I was soooooo hyped this year, hoping for better. Now I doubt it will happen. Thanks Pedey.

Man what a fair weather fan one game in which we won, and you are ready to call the doom with a 3 win prediction! I see great improvement in this team from last year. Ross fumbles in the there 15 yard line hardy drops 2 or 3 pass that would have been scores, nunn drops countless pass! Taylor LOOKed good at least when I watch him I can see a passer when I watched daily I saw a option guy trying to pass! Remb just the first game bro we did win!

I agree Tex....Some of us in here expected us to walk on the field like we have been playing together for 5 years! THIS IS A BRAND NEW TEAM WITH BRAND NEW PLAYERS! In other words it takes time to gel as a unit! Taylor will be fine. So will Ross and our WR's. Jesus its our first game and some of you are already compairing Taylor to Dailey??!!! With no established running game Joe D would of tossed 8 int's this game. Man people be patient its our first game!