Chase Harper?

Before I get crucified for this let me finish.

I do not mind the OCCASIONAL holding or the OCCASIONAL personal foul because it shows that the kids are being aggressive and that they want to hit someone. With that said, I can't tolerate STUPID fouls like some of Ben's have been.

Before I get crucified for this let me finish.

I do not mind the OCCASIONAL holding or the OCCASIONAL personal foul because it shows that the kids are being aggressive and that they want to hit someone. With that said, I can't tolerate STUPID fouls like some of Ben's have been.

Yeah no doubt Ben has been quite boneheaded with some of his penalties. If what you do on the field is crossing the line and it doesn't even impact the outcome of the play, they why do it?! That drives me crazy when we get to watch Ben do something stupid away from the ball carrier for no apparent reason.

So the chances of us going after Chase Harper again are slim to none is what I'm gathering by reading this thread? I was excited about him. Without Middleton transferring in that bums me out a little bit.

NU went after Middleton. I think they seem open to a TE who could impact immediately. Dont know why the coaches would cool on Harper so much. Guess well see.

Would Harper he a 3 for 2? Dont know where his elligableity stands.

Nebraska is actively recruiting two tight ends right now, Darien Bryant and Dillon van der Wal.

I wonder if the role of our TE will slowly take on a new form - more that of the TE's during the 90's, etc. That dink-a-dunk pass game we saw a lot w/ the west coast offense hasn't been really prominent this year. When you're throwing 45 passes a game I can see 5 of them getting into the hands of a TE. But we'll rarely break 20 attempts this season from the looks of things. I find it hard to believe we'll be giving the TE a look more than once or twice a game. With that, perhaps the type of player we recruit will change from that 6'6 guy w/ hands, to the 6'4 guy with quicker feet and better blocking skills. Maybe with Martinez emerging, Harper isn't even the type of player we envision filling the spot?