Chase Harper?

I'd be shocked if we still go after him.

i think we would still take him... but we've got such a lot of good guys already i dont know.. gonna have to be a wait and see... suspect we dont want to burn him outright so some slow play might be in order....

i remember when he committed we were all tripping out that we went after another Tight End... but he was supposed to be a pretty good talent... i dont know we will see i suppose...

I'd be shocked if we still go after him.

i think we would still take him... but we've got such a lot of good guys already i dont know.. gonna have to be a wait and see... suspect we dont want to burn him outright so some slow play might be in order....

i remember when he committed we were all tripping out that we went after another Tight End... but he was supposed to be a pretty good talent... i dont know we will see i suppose...

Some slow-playing is definately in order. If the kid from Washington would have worked out we would have never heard from Chase Harper again imho.

if Ben Cotton doesn't pull his head out of his a$$ here shortly we'll probably be begging for Harper.

ben cotton is the best perimeter blocker we've had at TE in some time. it may not be glamorous but it makes a huge difference in our offense. i agree that he needs to clean some things up, but the only way he loses his job is to injury.

if Ben Cotton doesn't pull his head out of his a$$ here shortly we'll probably be begging for Harper.

ben cotton is the best perimeter blocker we've had at TE in some time. it may not be glamorous but it makes a huge difference in our offense. i agree that he needs to clean some things up, but the only way he loses his job is to injury.

Can someone start a personal foul tracker for him? I remember 2 being called against Idaho.

Can someone start a personal foul tracker for him? I remember 2 being called against Idaho.

He had at least one against WKU too.

He had at least one against WKU too.

i agree that the best we got might be ben... but i hope the guys chasing (whoops no pun indended) him for the job down the pike have a little more self control..............

He can block all he wants, but when his head gets in the way of a Martinez score, or a large gain like it did twice against Idaho then it doesn't matter. He VERY easily could have cost us 8-14 points. We had to settle for a field goal because of the first personal foul after T's negated huge gain set us up for an easy 6. The second one (if I am thinking of the correct play) - was when T streaked in for about a 40 yard touchdown negated by a block in the back or something against Cotton. We ended up scoring against Idaho, but don't think we'll be able to make up those 40 yards every time against conference foes. On 10/16, Cotton losing his head probably costs us 14 points. That would more than likely be the difference in the game.

I've been a Cotton fan, and a Paul fan for that matter. But both are making rookie mistakes which have either handed points on a platter to the other team, or cost us needed scores. Time to clean that up.

The second one (if I am thinking of the correct play) - was when T streaked in for about a 40 yard touchdown negated by a block in the back or something against Cotton.

Wasn't that one on Ricky Henry?!

It also might have been Kinnie's hold. Regardless, seeing touchdowns brought back is unfortunate. Especially since most of the time t-mart is cruising by the block so fast that it wasn't even needed.

Personally, the three most concerning things I've seen so far is 1: Niles can't hold onto the ball (his cousin had the same stigma if I remember right). 2: Penalties that have a dramatic impact on the game. Asante's 15 yard PF cost us the Big12 game last season. It looks as though that will likely happen again this year. "They're trying too hard" is not an excuse. 3: It seems our ability to score on offense is 1 dimensional (zone read, Martinez through the middle). How many offensive plays looked like that? That gaping hole will close REALLY fast this week, and even more so in conference play. The deep ball has to be there.

(Sorry, off topic but the recruiting forums are slow and the Husker Football forum has so much coming into it I can't keep up during the day)