Man, was I WRONG......

formerfan

...cause I thought that a home game against a lower echelon 1AA team would be a guaranteed win, but its obvious that the staff in Lincoln could screw up a nocturnal emission. Give it up for Benard. :cheers He was right, pud is a genius for backing out of the game with Houston, they would have beat billy c’s team by 2 td’s. :thumbs pud and billy had better enjoy this win, because it may be the only one they get all year. They should have put grass down on Tom Osborne field, because with all the BS that this administration and staff spread, the real stuff would grow like gangbusters. All we have heard is “Wow, look how much better the team looks” “They really have the plays down better and understand our schemes” “They are conditioned sooo much better” “We have seen TREMENDOUS improvements in this team” :blink::blink:

What the hell have they been looking at??? Must be a different team then the one that showed up Saturday night. :wtf

What an utter disgrace. Its obvious that the more this team is “coached” by this staff, the worse they get. The schemes are horrible and the coaches are terrible. Taylor is a hair better than Dailey, and its obvious that his “drop” to 4th string had nothing to do with him being that much worse than the other 3 guys. The OL is leaps behind where they were last year. The WRs still drop a lot of passes, even if billy c got “his coach” at that position and “his guys” to play. Even though the D’s stats and the special teams were a little better, just wait until they actually play a team with some speed and talent. Im betting that they wont be much different than last year once they get into the “meat” of the schedule.

Im really glad that NU didn’t wallow in mediocrity. :sarcasm Pud and billy c. pushed NU straight into the gutter, but look at the bright side, at least billy c is back to .500 as a 1A coach, even if he is only 4-6 against 1A opponents. UNO could probably beat NU at this point, but why not, they have a better coach.

Im sorry mods, this post may get deleted, but man, I am freakin’ pissed. :steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

former, although they looked like hell, it IS just the first game.........remember i said they are going to lose some games this year, that there is no doubt, but they must show improvement, from this game they have that opportunity......mental prep was sorely lacking on the offensive side of the ball, especially considering cally is nto the O line as he says........one thing for sure, the wide outs are not going to be consistent this year, serious lack of talent and consistency there..........

hunter

...cause I thought that a home game against a lower echelon 1AA team would be a guaranteed win, but its obvious that the staff in Lincoln could screw up a nocturnal emission.  Give it up for Benard. :cheers  He was right, pud is a genius for backing out of the game with Houston

For the last time, WAKE FOREST REPLACED HOUSTON. Not Maine. I know you're pissed, afterall, when are you not? But at least get your crap straight.

Last night's game can be summed up in turnovers and very sloppy offensive play. I am really dissapointed in the dropped passes, fumbles (especially Ross). The o-line play was bad. They couldn't open ANYTHING for any back.

The defense played alright. I know it's Maine but we didn't see that kind of penetration last year against WI..

Ruud played well and stepped up considering Octavien is now out for the season. THat really sucks.

Oh and as far as the rest of your post:

dedhoarse

yeah luckily pederson smartened up and got rid of houston for our first game like it was going to be. We would be 0-1 easily.  Any d 1 team would of beat us last night.

how many times does it have to be said, the houston game was for SEPT 10 not sept 3 so wake forest replaced houston!

Thats what pederson says if you believe him, I don't. Why was maine scheduled? Why didn't we look into a game before the last second and had to schedule them?

yeah luckily pederson smartened up and got rid of houston for our first game like it was going to be. We would be 0-1 easily.  Any d 1 team would of beat us last night.

how many times does it have to be said, the houston game was for SEPT 10 not sept 3 so wake forest replaced houston!

Thats what pederson says if you believe him, I don't. Why was maine scheduled? Why didn't we look into a game before the last second and had to schedule them?

Why wouldn't I believe him he is our AD, I am a loyal fan. So I should take the word of the Houston ad yeah they are real straight shooters. They are the ones in trouble with the ncaa for some violations!

Why wouldn't I believe him he is our AD, I am a loyal fan. So I should take the word of the Houston ad yeah they are real straight shooters. They are the ones in trouble with the ncaa for some violations!

I drank some kool-aid...Pedey isn't the liar!

-University of Houston

-ESPN

-Reliant Stadium

-Dave Maggard

-University of Oregon (they had no problem putting together the same game)

-**** Vermeil

-Al Sanders

-University of Arkansas

-Houston Nutt

-Frank Broyles

-Lincoln Journal Star

Are all liars!!!

I drank some kool-aid...Pedey isn't the liar!

-University of Houston

-ESPN

-Reliant Stadium

-Dave Maggard

-University of Oregon (they had no problem putting together the same game)

-**** Vermeil

-Al Sanders

-University of Arkansas

-Houston Nutt

-Frank Broyles

-Lincoln Journal Star

Are all liars!!!

I guess all you guys have left to do is just pick up your OHIO flags and you will in a much better place! Instead of seeing the positives you see only what didn't happen and second guessing the man on the field! I guess pedey messsed up when he didn't nominate you as coach! Pedey is doing what dollar bill wouldn't putting money back into the football program. BUT like I said Ohio neeeds another booster!

That game was abysmal. It must get better or this season is going to be really long. Defense played solid, but it was against Maine, so who knows how good they actually are. The offense looked worse than it was last year, I hope it's just first game jitters for Taylor and the boys. Nunn and Grixby amassed more punt return yardage than Panico did all last season. I think every Big 12 team struggled yesterday though, with the exception of Texas, so who knows what was up with that. I hope there is a more solid performance next week against Wake.

We won. That is enough for me. Besides that crappy play by Wilson the defense was solid. Ruud and Bradley played well. The return game loked good. Field Goals were pretty good.(except that PAT)

As far as the offense goes. Ross needs to hold onto the freakin ball. Both of those fumble are on him nobody else. He is a Fifth year senior he should know how to protect the ball. How different of an outcome if he doesn't fumlble in the redzone and hardy doesn't drop those two balls inside the five.

Will see what next week holds but this isn't the end of the world.

Reality, we are in real trouble from what I saw last nite. The OL is possibly the worst we have ever had. The DL is with out a doubt the worst we have ever had. Their 8 man rotation was mauled by Maine's division two OL. The DB's were adequate and LB's played well, but it is against a 5-6 division 2 team. If Ruud had not intercepted that ball, I think we would have lost last nite. I know we would have lost against any other team on our schedule.

Our talent level is so low we may never recover from this.

And I said this before and I will say it again. I love BC, but I wish he would stick that friggen book up his butt and get into the game. If the players have to know the plays then the OC/Head Coach should too.