Looking ahead.

s.c. husker

I am not a coach so I can look ahead. I do think we beat Washington, without OUR stupid penalties and hold on to the ball we kill WU. I am looking ahead to KSU, at their house on thursday night and solid running back. This game is primed for the upset. We are a better team and the upcoming away game in a loud stadium should help Taylor to adjust. The good thing is KSU gave up 450 yards to Missouri State. GOBIGRED!!!

I agree that KSU on thursday night lights will be tough, but i am more worried about Washington, and how this team handles its first road trip to a hostile environment with a young QB and an O that is still trying to get it right. THe D with LBs learning on the fly against a proven QB in Locker will be interesting to see.

The nice thing about having a mobile quarterback is you don't have to rely on his arm so much during a football game. I think mobile quarterbacks have an easier time adjusting to hostile environments because of this, because they're legs can make a big play if they need them to.

Also, Washington's defense isn't like ours. We have given up 10 points and 17 points in our first two games, but 24 of those 27 points have come in the second half. 17 of those 24 second half points have come in the fourth quarter against back ups, and Idaho's third quarter touchdown against us came off of a turnover in our territory.

Washington's defense, on the other hand, has given up 23 of their 43 points on defense in the first half alone. Opposing defenses have had scoring point drives against Washington of 66 yards, 47 yards, 50, and 37 yards in the first half.

Keeping Locker in the pocket will be the key to our defenses success up in Washington. Loved seeing our secondary lockdown receivers across the board yesterday. Believe it or not I thought the Vandals were going to be the perfect warmup for the d, before going to Washiington. Other than a real quick/shifty like Washington has in Chris Polk, the pocket passing game and receiver set is quite comparable. Like I said if the front four can keep Locker in the pocket I can see success.

Other than going to Manhatten, am I the only one that isn't overly freaking out about a potential upset. Yes Daniel Thomas is a beast, but they have no quarterback what so ever and their defense isn't exactly the Steel Curtain.

Bo will make sure that the team is keyed in on KSU as it is the conference opener as well as a North team.

I am not worried about Washington. I am not worried about Kansas St. I am not even worried about Texas. Texas is not that great of a team right now. Oklahoma St. worries me. More because of when it is, rather than who they are. You said we could look ahead. But all in all, this team gets some things corrected and fine tuned, and theyre going places.

The nice thing about having a mobile quarterback is you don't have to rely on his arm so much during a football game. I think mobile quarterbacks have an easier time adjusting to hostile environments because of this, because they're legs can make a big play if they need them to.

Also, Washington's defense isn't like ours. We have given up 10 points and 17 points in our first two games, but 24 of those 27 points have come in the second half. 17 of those 24 second half points have come in the fourth quarter against back ups, and Idaho's third quarter touchdown against us came off of a turnover in our territory.

Washington's defense, on the other hand, has given up 23 of their 43 points on defense in the first half alone. Opposing defenses have had scoring point drives against Washington of 66 yards, 47 yards, 50, and 37 yards in the first half.

That's a damn good point, Enhance89.

We won boatloads of big games on the road with qbs like Gill/Frost/Frazier/Crouch/etc. And now we will with Tmart.