Anderson haters don't know baseball

I personally think it's hilarious with all you husker haters out there who get on these boards and instead of giving positive feedback with the recruits were getting in and Erstad being hired you decide to talk about life after Anderson. You guys call yourselves husker fans give me a break. I think it's obvious that you so called "fans" honestly have zero baseball knowledge if you're going to try and run Anderson out of town. Don't you people understand how difficult it is to recruit baseball players to the state of Nebraska in the first place let alone now that were making the jump to the Big Ten. Just think where most of the top players in the country come from, Texas, California, Florida, etc. Now imagine trying to recruit players from these states where you're never going to play at. Now you people can complain all you want and say that all the success Anderson has had has been from Van Horn's recruits, but don't you guys see (from when we almost ran Osbourne out of town to Colorado) that you're making the same mistake. Screaming for Anderson's job and not giving the guy his due, when he definetly deserves it is not the answer. So all you haters out there bring it, come on lets here what you gotta say!!!

Here is my response to that. Anderson doesn't get it.

How do I figure that?

Well, for me, I guess it started when the guy took a team into regional play and lost to College of Manhattan and the University of San Francisco. We were expected to play for the regional title against Miami, Fla., and we couldn't get past our first or second foe of the tourney.

Secondly, the flames were fanned when a Husker from my hometown was not started at his position the same day that the university was celebrating him as a Hometown Husker. This guy, Jake Mort, was a solid third baseman defensively, and, Cody Ashe, Jake's replacement, did not look like a better option. This was just Mike being a JERK.

Thirdly, the team has been getting worse over the last few seasons, not better. Hope seems to be leaving the program, not rushing toward it. And Mike Anderson appears to be at the center of that. Meanwhile, A&M, led by Rob C., seems to be doing just fine. Doesn't that make you think we might have made a mistake in hiring Anderson in the first place.

In closing, Coach Erstad is a great addition and I am glad he is here, but he doesn't coach pitching, and that is where we need a lot of help. We can all hope that Nebraska turns this thing around, but, let's be honest, it doesn't look too promising.

The thing about Anderson is that he is a terrible human being. Sure, he's savvy with the media and I'm sure that he's nothing but friendly to Osborne, but I just don't understand why he does some of the things that he does with the players.

I remember when he told the media that the reason Nebraska hasn't been successful is that he refuses to oversign and this somehow puts him on a moral pedestal higher than us mere mortals who see nothing wrong in oversigning. He made it sound as if he was ethically superior to other coaches who did this every year, which is laughable. This year he got lucky by signing some draft picks, so he'll probably still be our coach for years.

Good calls to both VA Husker and Vince. I have never heard of Osbourne either. Hahaha. And, in large part, Vince is right. Husker fans enjoyed those good baseball seasons because there was nothing else going on in the spring time, aside from the spring game of course. Now that we aren't very good, few people are willing to stick with it and suffer it out. Husker football went down for a while, but we are all heavily invested in that beast. We had to see it through until the program turned back toward the light. We had no choice.

Good calls to both VA Husker and Vince. I have never heard of Osbourne either. Hahaha. And, in large part, Vince is right. Husker fans enjoyed those good baseball seasons because there was nothing else going on in the spring time, aside from the spring game of course. Now that we aren't very good, few people are willing to stick with it and suffer it out. Husker football went down for a while, but we are all heavily invested in that beast. We had to see it through until the program turned back toward the light. We had no choice.

In addition to not having a choice I think we all knew the football ship would be righted. Very few people have the same feeling about NU Baseball. Especially those of us that truly understand baseball.

I personally think it's hilarious with all you husker haters out there who get on these boards and instead of giving positive feedback with the recruits were getting in and Erstad being hired you decide to talk about life after Anderson. You guys call yourselves husker fans give me a break. I think it's obvious that you so called "fans" honestly have zero baseball knowledge if you're going to try and run Anderson out of town. Don't you people understand how difficult it is to recruit baseball players to the state of Nebraska in the first place let alone now that were making the jump to the Big Ten. Just think where most of the top players in the country come from, Texas, California, Florida, etc. Now imagine trying to recruit players from these states where you're never going to play at. Now you people can complain all you want and say that all the success Anderson has had has been from Van Horn's recruits, but don't you guys see (from when we almost ran Osbourne out of town to Colorado) that you're making the same mistake. Screaming for Anderson's job and not giving the guy his due, when he definetly deserves it is not the answer. So all you haters out there bring it, come on lets here what you gotta say!!!

First off, good luck finding any support for Anderson around here, it just isn't going to happen. He's definitely been controversial inside the locker room to say the least.. I really am on the fence as far as Coach A goes. Honestly from a standpoint for the program, it may just be best to get rid of him and move on. Support from the fans may come stronger if he is gone. The Big 10 will help him, there is no competition for baseball up there, so I don't quite understand why you think that is going to hurt.. Sure it's not playing in Texas, but its an easy shot at the post season every year. Also, there is a LOT of talent in Colorado which has basically been our picking ground. Yes, it is rough with recruiting, and I've been saying that forever, but it still has to be done. Just because he doesn't want to over sign doesn't mean he can get away with bad classes. And why be positive about this past class? Ehlers? What about everything we lost? We lost WAY more than we gained this year.

Secondly, the flames were fanned when a Husker from my hometown was not started at his position the same day that the university was celebrating him as a Hometown Husker. This guy, Jake Mort, was a solid third baseman defensively, and, Cody Ashe, Jake's replacement, did not look like a better option. This was just Mike being a JERK.

Thirdly, the team has been getting worse over the last few seasons, not better. Hope seems to be leaving the program, not rushing toward it. And Mike Anderson appears to be at the center of that. Meanwhile, A&M, led by Rob C., seems to be doing just fine. Doesn't that make you think we might have made a mistake in hiring Anderson in the first place.

I'll address these 2, because those are the ones i disagree with...

Asche is flat out a better player than Mort. I don't know if you don't agree with that or if you simply are just looking through shaded glasses, but he is. I loved Mort, but Asche is good. (also, if you're going to flame a guy for saying "Osbourne" you sure as hell better spell all the names right.....)

Next, A&M is NOT good. If that team was located in the same place as us, they would be no better off than we are, at all. Childress has the luxury of being in Texas and having plenty of area to recruit easily. A&M should easily be a top 16 program every year. They have had decent seasons, but with the talent they have, they have continued to under achieve. Even if Childress was the best coach in college baseball, and we would of hired him, he would of been gone as soon as A&M came knocking. He already had made it known that he wanted to get back to Texas. People also seem to look over the fact that we had THREE high quality division 1 coaches on the same staff. Eventually those were going to be plucked and we would fall off a bit.

In addition to not having a choice I think we all knew the football ship would be righted. Very few people have the same feeling about NU Baseball. Especially those of us that truly understand baseball.

Disagree. While Lincoln may not be the "ideal" location for a baseball program, it isn't nearly as bad as it could get. The mecca of college baseball is just down the road, and that alone is a decent reason to play here. It has already been shown that you can have success here, we just have to have the right coaches/players to get it done. How does "truly understanding baseball" change the opinion of whether or not the ship can be righted with the baseball program?

First off, good luck finding any support for Anderson around here, it just isn't going to happen. He's definitely been controversial inside the locker room to say the least.. I really am on the fence as far as Coach A goes. Honestly from a standpoint for the program, it may just be best to get rid of him and move on. Support from the fans may come stronger if he is gone. The Big 10 will help him, there is no competition for baseball up there, so I don't quite understand why you think that is going to hurt.. Sure it's not playing in Texas, but its an easy shot at the post season every year. Also, there is a LOT of talent in Colorado which has basically been our picking ground. Yes, it is rough with recruiting, and I've been saying that forever, but it still has to be done. Just because he doesn't want to over sign doesn't mean he can get away with bad classes. And why be positive about this past class? Ehlers? What about everything we lost? We lost WAY more than we gained this year.

I'll address these 2, because those are the ones i disagree with...

Asche is flat out a better player than Mort. I don't know if you don't agree with that or if you simply are just looking through shaded glasses, but he is. I loved Mort, but Asche is good. (also, if you're going to flame a guy for saying "Osbourne" you sure as hell better spell all the names right.....)

Next, A&M is NOT good. If that team was located in the same place as us, they would be no better off than we are, at all. Childress has the luxury of being in Texas and having plenty of area to recruit easily. A&M should easily be a top 16 program every year. They have had decent seasons, but with the talent they have, they have continued to under achieve. Even if Childress was the best coach in college baseball, and we would of hired him, he would of been gone as soon as A&M came knocking. He already had made it known that he wanted to get back to Texas. People also seem to look over the fact that we had THREE high quality division 1 coaches on the same staff. Eventually those were going to be plucked and we would fall off a bit.

Disagree. While Lincoln may not be the "ideal" location for a baseball program, it isn't nearly as bad as it could get. The mecca of college baseball is just down the road, and that alone is a decent reason to play here. It has already been shown that you can have success here, we just have to have the right coaches/players to get it done. How does "truly understanding baseball" change the opinion of whether or not the ship can be righted with the baseball program?

Yes it can. The same way as the football program was righted. And it's not an opinion.

• 1 month later...

Osbourne?

If you want to rant and rave I would at least get his last name spelled right.

Anderson is much like Solich. he has taken a perennial top 25 program tp the bottom of the barrel big 12. People that i talk to that have been in baseball at the highest level think he isnt a great coach. If he came in before van horn these types of seasons would be "acceptable". Neb isnt the most ideal place to come play baseball for top recruits, and i do feel sorry for all college baseball coaches for having to recruit top kids and they go to the draft. It would be tough, but at the same token, teams like texas, lsu, north carolina, fsu, florida, standford, ect ect always have top classes and get great talent. anderson always tries to find the diamond in the rough. the issue with this is, he cant develop talent. I would def like to see erstad get a chance to possibly slide into the role of head coach here. the huskers as a decent team will fill the stadium every weekend. and that with the facilities we have and those being built should be able to draw some top recruits. but now its time to start developing them.

Anderson is much like Solich. he has taken a perennial top 25 program tp the bottom of the barrel big 12. People that i talk to that have been in baseball at the highest level think he isnt a great coach. If he came in before van horn these types of seasons would be "acceptable". Neb isnt the most ideal place to come play baseball for top recruits, and i do feel sorry for all college baseball coaches for having to recruit top kids and they go to the draft. It would be tough, but at the same token, teams like texas, lsu, north carolina, fsu, florida, standford, ect ect always have top classes and get great talent. anderson always tries to find the diamond in the rough. the issue with this is, he cant develop talent. I would def like to see erstad get a chance to possibly slide into the role of head coach here. the huskers as a decent team will fill the stadium every weekend. and that with the facilities we have and those being built should be able to draw some top recruits. but now its time to start developing them.

Recruiting is only going to get worse. I know Anderson has never wanted to oversign a class (very common in baseball), but with the move to the big 10 they only allow you to oversign by one person..

Recruiting is only going to get worse. I know Anderson has never wanted to oversign a class (very common in baseball), but with the move to the big 10 they only allow you to oversign by one person..

i had no idea what the rules were there. but with more north teams.... at least league wise we should be competitive. i think one of the major reasons TO didnt let anderson go this year was because of all the BIG 10 move stuff in the air he had more important issues to deal with. but i would like to see a change this year barring some dramatic improvement. which with talent like starling and ehlers hopefully that alone will get us a few more wins over the next couple seasons. to be honest i wouldnt have an issue with erstad as coach.