Anderson haters don't know baseball

I've been pleasantly surprised at Newman and our pitching staff. Seems like he's throwing a lot more off speed this year and it has seemingly helped to keep the opponent off balance and guessing. Props to the pitching staff indeed.

Paul, you have to admit that seeing the improvements in pitching has to magnify the frustration with series losses against tech and OSU. The wind was a factor in the Friday night game but.. as much as we want to credit the loss to the wind, we also need to remember that our batters had the same advantage as theirs thereby nullifying the wind as an excuse.

To the current game, Creighton of late has had our number. This game is huge and a must win IMO. I'm almost tempted to keep the game off as I don't need my blood pressure rising and I'm certain it will. I don't see us winning this game and I don't give us much of a chance at winning the KU series this weekend. Hope I eat crow on both.

I've been pleasantly surprised at Newman and our pitching staff. Seems like he's throwing a lot more off speed this year and it has seemingly helped to keep the opponent off balance and guessing. Props to the pitching staff indeed.

Paul, you have to admit that seeing the improvements in pitching has to magnify the frustration with series losses against tech and OSU. The wind was a factor in the Friday night game but.. as much as we want to credit the loss to the wind, we also need to remember that our batters had the same advantage as theirs thereby nullifying the wind as an excuse.

To the current game, Creighton of late has had our number. This game is huge and a must win IMO. I'm almost tempted to keep the game off as I don't need my blood pressure rising and I'm certain it will. I don't see us winning this game and I don't give us much of a chance at winning the KU series this weekend. Hope I eat crow on both.

Hacker, here is my deal as frustrating as the season has gone there are a lot of factors that have gone into that. That is why I have butted heads with you and a lot of other MA haters. Yes there are instances where you just shake your head at Mike, but there are just as many that are not of his doing, but those with the glasses on only see it one way, you at times are included. However you have also admitted that you let your glasses skew that opinion. I am ok with that, but it just becomes a broken record, and a lot of times has nothing to do with it. I have told you I am not pro MA or an apologist(I have said I have called him out and will) but what many of you must realize that nothing will come of it this year. The Big X move bought him another year and TO may play the Doc card about letting MA recruit to the new indoor facility as well. It probably is gonna happen. The difference between me and others is that I have accepted that fact. This administration(TO) will not go down that road quickly. Again am I happy with that fact, a lot of times no, but can I control it? No.

As for the offense, the most frustrating thing is the inability to get key hits. Runners LOB is a staggering number this year. Sometimes all it takes is one game and things just snowball, hopefully that may be the case. I look at Erstad just as much as MA when it comes to the hitting. I do give a pass for it being Erstad's first year with these guys.

Pitching, I have been suprised the walks are way down, but the staff is still way to streaky. I think a lot of fans may be thinking what if, when Ehler's becomes eligible and shows what he can do. Will see if it keeps up, and again when Logan is back they will be better.

What goes from here who knows. We can only hope for the best. It is still early for me to throw this team and staff under the bus.

And as far as tonight, I like NU's chances. Great game played so far. How the pen is worked will be the key.

Anderson is a douche bag. He was recruting my brother out of high school and told him to skip his game to come to a baseball camp at Lincoln. Well, my brother told him he wasn't going to let his team down and he was going to the game. Anderson stopped recruiting him after that and he went to Creighton. Every game they played Nebraska, Darin dominated them and now hes playing pro ball. I can also name a few players here in Nebraska he let slip away. Two pitchers from Westside, one in my class and one in the class older than me. Im not gonna name them on this board, but one went to Stanford and one went to Arkansas. Nebraska has good baseball and he can't even keep the best talent from Nebraska in Nebraska.

anyone have a good recipe for crow, I need one. :koolaid2:

Hacker, here is my deal as frustrating as the season has gone there are a lot of factors that have gone into that. That is why I have butted heads with you and a lot of other MA haters. Yes there are instances where you just shake your head at Mike, but there are just as many that are not of his doing, but those with the glasses on only see it one way, you at times are included. However you have also admitted that you let your glasses skew that opinion. I am ok with that, but it just becomes a broken record, and a lot of times has nothing to do with it. I have told you I am not pro MA or an apologist(I have said I have called him out and will) but what many of you must realize that nothing will come of it this year. The Big X move bought him another year and TO may play the Doc card about letting MA recruit to the new indoor facility as well. It probably is gonna happen. The difference between me and others is that I have accepted that fact. This administration(TO) will not go down that road quickly. Again am I happy with that fact, a lot of times no, but can I control it? No.

As for the offense, the most frustrating thing is the inability to get key hits. Runners LOB is a staggering number this year. Sometimes all it takes is one game and things just snowball, hopefully that may be the case. I look at Erstad just as much as MA when it comes to the hitting. I do give a pass for it being Erstad's first year with these guys.

Pitching, I have been suprised the walks are way down, but the staff is still way to streaky. I think a lot of fans may be thinking what if, when Ehler's becomes eligible and shows what he can do. Will see if it keeps up, and again when Logan is back they will be better.

What goes from here who knows. We can only hope for the best. It is still early for me to throw this team and staff under the bus.

And as far as tonight, I like NU's chances. Great game played so far. How the pen is worked will be the key.

awesome post and I could not have expressed my thoughts/opinion any better.

Anderson is a douche bag. He was recruting my brother out of high school and told him to skip his game to come to a baseball camp at Lincoln. Well, my brother told him he wasn't going to let his team down and he was going to the game. Anderson stopped recruiting him after that and he went to Creighton. Every game they played Nebraska, Darin dominated them and now hes playing pro ball. I can also name a few players here in Nebraska he let slip away. Two pitchers from Westside, one in my class and one in the class older than me. Im not gonna name them on this board, but one went to Stanford and one went to Arkansas. Nebraska has good baseball and he can't even keep the best talent from Nebraska in Nebraska.

This is the second-biggest thing that bothers me about Nebraska Baseball right now. This isn't the first time we've heard about these happenings with MA. Granted, all reported recruiting incidents are more or less anecdotal evidence, but when you hear similar stories repeated time and again, enough to establish a pattern, some nugget of truth can be found in said evidence.

The biggest thing that bothers me about all of this is that Nebraska was one of the few Div-IA programs poised to actually make money on collegiate baseball. IIRC, basketball hasn't broke even since the Danny Nee days, and even then that was a rare occurrence. Only football and (on occasion) women's volleyball have either been profitable or flirted with profitability.

To me, the lack of action to rectify what was poised to be, at the least, a revenue-neutral program is more bothersome than MA's horrible Big XII record the past few seasons.

I don't think anyone will argue this point and as witnessed last night, the stadium may continue to be less filled. (I didn't go to the game yesterday because I didn't get the tickets early and was certain the game would be sold out. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw the enormous number of "EMPTY" seats.) However, I do agree with Crewe regarding possible actions from the Admin (TO) and to some degree I have to also ask if the decline in ticket sales is negatively affected by the fact that we are leaving for the Big 10 and fans (and athletes too) are burned out from whats been a very heavy year. Questionable calls, constant Big 10 talk, lack of focus, etc..

Obviously I'm not a fan of MA but there is a truth to what Crewe said above. There is a huge amount of negativity around our Baseball program and it has to be affecting the players. Hopefully the fans can help to turn that around. (Me included)

I had to dig up this thread because everytime I listen to the Husker baseball games, I think of this thread's title and laugh. Maybe we Anderson haters actually don't understand baseball. Is the point of baseball to take a hot program and slowly turn it into the nice white dog turd that currently is Nebraska baseball?

This is like deja vu of conversations that were flying around the board after the bball season, only except this conversation came first. Wierd

You are correct, it is pretty much the same thing. The difference is this: before Doc there was Barry; before Mike there was Dave.

There was a kid in Beatrice, Dageford? maybe, that went to play ball in Louisianna at one of the schools that wasn't LSU. I believe he was top 10 in the nation a couple years ago in homeruns and was a preseason all-american. He has tons of family/friends in Nebraska but apparently Anderson didn't want him.

This is a grapevine deal, and I'm usually critical of others when they use this source of information, but I have more than one friend with connections to players on the baseball team and the two I have talked to about it both say the players don't much care for Anderson and that he's not a guy they care to associate with off the field. For whatever it's worth.

There was a kid in Beatrice, Dageford? maybe, that went to play ball in Louisianna at one of the schools that wasn't LSU. I believe he was top 10 in the nation a couple years ago in homeruns and was a preseason all-american. He has tons of family/friends in Nebraska but apparently Anderson didn't want him.

This is a grapevine deal, and I'm usually critical of others when they use this source of information, but I have more than one friend with connections to players on the baseball team and the two I have talked to about it both say the players don't much care for Anderson and that he's not a guy they care to associate with off the field. For whatever it's worth.

Wow, that's weird, you just described every college coach in america

Every college coach in America is an @$$hole that people don't want to be associated with? Could have fooled me.

Every college coach in America is an @$$hole that people don't want to be associated with? Could have fooled me.

Huh. I get a completely different vibe about Bo and Co. when players, old and current, discuss the staff.

IIRC, there's even a big party at the end of the Red/White game, where the winners get steak and the losers hot dogs, and the coaches and players all get along.

But, I may be reading stuff wrong.

Huh. I get a completely different vibe about Bo and Co. when players, old and current, discuss the staff.

IIRC, there's even a big party at the end of the Red/White game, where the winners get steak and the losers hot dogs, and the coaches and players all get along.

Huh, I don't recall saying just Nebraska coaches.

Huh, I don't recall saying just Nebraska coaches.

Huh, I recall Nebraska is a member of the United States of America. :)

Seriously, though--coaching relationships aren't black and white, just like everything else in life. Blanket statements about all college coaches in America do little to help the MA discussion, IMO.

Last time I checked, Nebraska fans like to pride themselves on having athletic programs that strive to excel and not be satisfied with mediocrity. The overarching problem with MA, regardless of personality, is that there's no drive exhibited in his kids to excel from what we've seen. I think many of us feel the talent is there--there's just no one to shape it into a force to be reckoned with, and MA's results the past few seasons illustrate this.

I can forgive an occasional losing or .500 season--happens to just about all coaches at some point. But to be constantly stuck in sub-mediocrity, despite an embarrassment of program riches (especially compared to other Big XII programs) that the coach inherited? There's no excuse--there wasn't one for Bill Callahan after a few seasons of his antics, there wasn't with Collier (as he took what little he inherited and managed to squander it), and there shouldn't be any excuse for MA.

Plus, again, I have to bring up financials--Nebraska baseball was on the cusp of being a revenue neutral/revenue producing sport. That's huge, especially for a spring sport, and a spring sport at Nebraska. That proves if the right leadership is there to make the program successful, that the sport can pay for itself, and that's one less burden on the football program (read: one less hand taking revenue out of its pocket). That means more expenditures to improve football, and it makes it easier to ask for money to improve baseball facilities even further.

And while the B1G isn't big on baseball (thanks to their own screwy rules), it will be once the B1G realizes it needs to improve it's on-the-diamond product during spring to generate revenue on its network. That means no more screwy rules, and programs that have a solid foundation (like DoNU) would have a leg up on the competition when (and not if) the B1G fixes their baseball recruiting rules.

I know I'm looking five years down the road instead of being content with just right now...but in order to have future success, we need to lay a successful foundation. MA isn't the man for the job, and he's proven it over the past few years.

• Fire 1