Soooo, I Have a Husky

Husker Z

I've had Siberians pretty much constantly since 1972, and My older Brother has had a few since the '80's...My first one's name was even "HUSKER".

Usually..Even when we've played UConn, I've had to put one of them in a head-lock durring tense moments and even bit one durring a fumble..It's much more fun when you have 3 Huskies in the tv room so you can let them tag team ya.

PhotoHusky7.jpg

I've had a Siberian pretty much constantly since 1972, and My older Brother has had a few since the '80's.

Usually..Even when we've played UConn, I've had to put one of them in a head-lock durring tense moments and even bit one durring a fumble..It's much more fun when you have 3 Huskies in the tv room so you can let them tag team ya.

PhotoHusky7.jpg

That's awesome. Huskies take special owners man, lots of patience and a big fence.

When I was in college, I had a Red Husky, named Norm (I put him to sleep last October) and we lived on 10th and Y, right across from ABC supply and a major parking/walking area for people going to the game. Every gameday Saturday, Norm would get SO excited to go sit out by the sidewalk with his Husker shirt while all the fans would walk by and talk to him and pet his head. He was a TRUE Husker, Red and everything. Man, I miss that dog.. :hmmph

Maybe Lucy needs to get a shirt this weekend!

I think my Sister told me about Norm when she volunteered at the games over the last few seasons.

Any pics?

When I was in college, I had a Red Husky, named Norm (I put him to sleep last October) and we lived on 10th and Y, right across from ABC supply and a major parking/walking area for people going to the game. Every gameday Saturday, Norm would get SO excited to go sit out by the sidewalk with his Husker shirt while all the fans would walk by and talk to him and pet his head. He was a TRUE Husker, Red and everything. Man, I miss that dog.. :hmmph

Maybe Lucy needs to get a shirt this weekend!

I think my Sister told me about Norm when she volunteered at the games over the last few seasons.

Any pics?

I have some pics, but they are on my work computer, I'll see if I can't find them tomorrow. None of him in his Husker Gear though, they were all taken on an old school camera with actual film in it, can you imagine that??? How strange.

I've had a Siberian pretty much constantly since 1972, and My older Brother has had a few since the '80's.

PhotoHusky7.jpg

That's awesome. Huskies take special owners man, lots of patience and a big fence.

Yeah..One nice thing about these cinderblock fences..My current (7-yr old) hasn't chewed her way out yet..and somehow hasn't figured out how to use the trash bin as a step yet..Usually they're escape artists.

It's fun taking them to the park and seeing the crowds think she's a wolf until she wags her tail and tries to french one of them..

This one doesn't ever bark...Unless I sneak up on her and grab her tail.

I have some pics, but they are on my work computer, I'll see if I can't find them tomorrow. None of him in his Husker Gear though, they were all taken on an old school camera with actual film in it, can you imagine that??? How strange.

a picture of a husky taken with a camera that uses actual film? that sound old.... wait, i think i found it...

3384891377_3e9e894420_o.jpg

is that a childhood 'husker z' with his husky?

PhotoHusky7.jpg

Yeah..One nice thing about these cinderblock fences..My current (7-yr old) hasn't chewed her way out yet..and somehow hasn't figured out how to use the trash bin as a step yet..Usually they're escape artists.

It's fun taking them to the park and seeing the crowds think she's a wolf until she wags her tail and tries to french one of them..

This one doesn't ever bark...Unless I sneak up on her and grab her tail.

Best thing about Huskies is that they don't bark. They talk and howl, but never bark.

As docile as they are with people though, they are killers when it comes to small animals. The tally that my two have killed is as follows:

Cats (2)

Possums (3 plus a pouch full of babies)

'Coon (1)

Birds (4-5)

Groundhog (1)

Mole (1)

Chickens (2)

I think that's it, at least all that I know of. When I had them both, they would escape, sometimes be gone overnight before someone would call me and say they found them, so who knows what they got then.

They are great with dogs and kids though.