QB debate

kramer

How far behind Taylor is Beck, anyway? I mean, is he capable of running the entire package Taylor has, or is he limited in the plays available?

Seems that if he's far behind, he'll need to compensate somehow in the event Zack goes down and some reps would do him, and the team as a whole, good. If he's close, then the reps would probably be more disruptive of Taylor's progress than beneficial to the team as a whole.

I suspect if Taylor has a good game to the point the coaches are confident he's "got it", the second teamers will get game reps. Until then, let him get more experience, even if in garbage time, so he can be playing at a higher level during the more strenuous part of the schedule.

IRISH!

GBR!

agree, i think it is obvious Zac needs to keep playing and get a series og full games under his belt......i do not see Beck or Ganz coming into playunless Taylor gets hurt.....remember, Taylor has still to play a full game against D1A competition, so he has ALOT to learn........

hunter

Agreed.

I say we should have put in Beck. Late in the game it seemed Taylor was flustered. He needed a break. The game wasn't on the line and leaving Taylor in can only result in more mistakes.

15-7 = Game still on the line. Taylor was named starting quarterback, he apparently has earned it with his hard work and he had a rough night. He needs to learn to work through the tough ones, like Hunter just said.

I say we should have put in Beck.  Late in the game it seemed Taylor was flustered.  He needed a break.  The game wasn't on the line and leaving Taylor in can only result in more mistakes.

Why would you put in the 3rd team QB and bypass the 2nd? The game was "on the line" until we scored with 4:43 left in the game giving us more than a 2 possession lead. After that, we only had one more possession and it was a pretty steady diet of Lucky left, Lucky right.

So let me get this straight, with a one possession lead you want to pull your starting QB, put in the 3rd string QB that has been in the system all of 4 weeks and has 0 game experience. Ya, great way to break in a QB. What do you tell Ganz? Sorry, your our 2nd team QB but that doesn't mean anything because you won't play? Sounds like a brilliant coaching philosophy to me.

No way they should've put anybody else in at QB on sat. When we're up 21 or more going into the 4th.. then start putting the backups. But, it's much mroe important right now to get our starter comfortable out there, and in synch with the recievers. But with BC rotating so many players in and out, plus the cramps and such.. I don't know how we expect get our offense in synch. Let's hope we've figured out who we want in there, and let them play.

So let me get this straight, with a one possession lead you want to pull your starting QB, put in the 3rd string QB that has been in the system all of 4 weeks and has 0 game experience. Ya, great way to break in a QB. What do you tell Ganz? Sorry, your our 2nd team QB but that doesn't mean anything because you won't play? Sounds like a brilliant coaching philosophy to me
:rollin

:yeah Good one wharf I agree!!