**Official Washington Game Discussion Thread**

Had absolutely no problems with putting Green in for that drive, it was more a good play by the d along with Green's inability to go down. He goes to the house with that run and no one's complaining. Now I'm not going to excuse all of Green's fault for the play, he should've held onto the ball longer, but everyone's acting like he just lost us the game.

Outside of those couple of drives after our first two, we've been controlling them on both sides of the ball. And as the half wore on we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot on offense. Our last td drive was a beauty.

If Taylor had been the one that fumbled the ball, everyone would've said, "See this is why Zac Lee should be the starter." If Lee had fumbled that ball, everyone would say, "See, why didn't you put Cody in instead of Lee?" Cody fumbled, it sucked, but hey, as long as Bo still has something to be angry about after the game, we're in good shape for next week.

Also, that long TD drive where they rammed it down our throats should be a good lesson before Kansas State.

Now let's just keep the offense rolling, keep Locker in panic mode, and walk away with a big win.

Dont worry guys, they wanted Cody to fumble so we had all this week to start 12000 threads about the decision making, and fumbles! lol...I see Ne ground game wearing them out in the 2nd half and winning by 21-28. We will quiet the crowd and half time adjustments on D will shut them down. Who is Jake Locker, and Kearse? thought they were big names to listen for today? 0 catches for Kearse...

Had absolutely no problems with putting Green in for that drive, it was more a good play by the d along with Green's inability to go down. He goes to the house with that run and no one's complaining. Now I'm not going to excuse all of Green's fault for the play, he should've held onto the ball longer, but everyone's acting like he just lost us the game.

Outside of those couple of drives after our first two, we've been controlling them on both sides of the ball. And as the half wore on we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot on offense. Our last td drive was a beauty.

I wouldnt have such a heart burn about it, but Green did the same exact thing last game as well!

they need to quit letting green in it kills momentum. is it Bo's or watsons fault? (hopefully this hasnt been gone ovr)

I disagree with your line of thinking. A backup QB needs to get some meaningful snaps. The fumble by Green just makes it worse than it really was. When you have a running QB like Martinez, it is even MORE important than ever to get your back up in do to the increased chances of injury.

You don't give your backup a meaningful snap on the 5 yard line in his first road start since last year. He had problems with being rattled last year, what makes them think it'll be different in this thundering stadium? You give it to him after your kickoff guy runs it to the 50 maybe. Or in the 2nd half. Not on your 5 yardline.

I hope the coaching staff realizes that in tough road games, throwing in a back up QB on our OWN 20 yard line is not a smart choice. I think they will not do that again. Green did the same thing last week too. Came off the bench and the first play...fumble.

I liked the call! It just had a bad outcome in this instance. Your tune would be different if he drove the ball down the field.

Enough about the green/coaching/whoever else screw up, how about helu finally getting some good PT... and making it count

Helu, 5 carries for 32 yards

Burkhead, 5 for 53 yards

We have great RB's, it's a very good thing that we haven't had to use them as much in the running game so they'll be fresher for conference play.

they need to quit letting green in it kills momentum. is it Bo's or watsons fault? (hopefully this hasnt been gone ovr)

I disagree with your line of thinking. A backup QB needs to get some meaningful snaps. The fumble by Green just makes it worse than it really was. When you have a running QB like Martinez, it is even MORE important than ever to get your back up in do to the increased chances of injury.

You don't give your backup a meaningful snap on the 5 yard line in his first road start since last year. He had problems with being rattled last year, what makes them think it'll be different in this thundering stadium? You give it to him after your kickoff guy runs it to the 50 maybe. Or in the 2nd half. Not on your 5 yardline.

If you give it to him in those other scenarios, it's no longer as meaningful of a snap.

I hope the coaching staff realizes that in tough road games, throwing in a back up QB on our OWN 20 yard line is not a smart choice. I think they will not do that again. Green did the same thing last week too. Came off the bench and the first play...fumble.

I liked the call! It just had a bad outcome in this instance. Your tune would be different if he drove the ball down the field.

Well so far the kid is 0-2 in first play drives while coming off the bench. So no tune changed here!