For the Taylor (Snuffy) Critics...

Hercules

i dont understand why Denard Robinson for Mich is being talked about more then Tmart. Just watching post game coverage etc, I feel Tmart is the better Freshman QB. Idk how the stats compare, but you gotta give Tmart some credit for going into a hostile away game and winning in a big way...needs passing practice, but if he runs 50+ TD runs, who needs to pass?

T-Mart

28-43 392 Yards, 65.1% Comp %, 1 TD, 1 INT, 144.72 Passing Effeciency

40 Carries, 421 Yards, 8 TD's

D-Rob

53-76 671 Yards, 69.7% Comp %, 4 TD, 1 INT, 158.64 Passing Effeciency

74 Carries, 559 Yards, 4 TD's

I don't think this particular argument will truly be settled for a while, until each player has played against more quality competition during conference play.

It'll be fun to watch each player on the same field starting next year, though.

i dont understand why Denard Robinson for Mich is being talked about more then Tmart. Just watching post game coverage etc, I feel Tmart is the better Freshman QB. Idk how the stats compare, but you gotta give Tmart some credit for going into a hostile away game and winning in a big way...needs passing practice, but if he runs 50+ TD runs, who needs to pass?

T-Mart

D-Rob

Well, Tmart has a WAYYYYY higher ypc.....they're both electric though, no doubt about it.

Not gonna worship Taylor or anything, but the kid has showed up in every game so far this year. Let's hope we see some more growth and strong performances from him. I do wonder what it will be like when the day comes when he will need to beat a team with his arm. So far, we haven't been tested. But this game, was a big statement game coming from Nebraska. Watch out, nation.

Not gonna worship Taylor or anything, but the kid has showed up in every game so far this year. Let's hope we see some more growth and strong performances from him. I do wonder what it will be like when the day comes when he will need to beat a team with his arm. So far, we haven't been tested. But this game, was a big statement game coming from Nebraska. Watch out, nation.

Maybe this is just me yearning for the good ole days, but I'm not sure that we'll need him to beat people with his arm. We have so many threats running the ball, and are doing it so well that we may be able to just keep moving the chains on the ground like the Husker teams of old.

We'll see. Based on how the PAC 10 is doing in non-conference play, we're going to see a significant step-up in speed in Big 12 play, so we'll learn more at that point.

T-Mart

D-Rob

I don't think this particular argument will truly be settled for a while, until each player has played against more quality competition during conference play.

It'll be fun to watch each player on the same field starting next year, though.

Michigan played UConn and ND to start the year. Both are similar in quality to Washington. I'm happy with Martinez, I'd be happy with "Shoelace" also.

Martinez has unbelievable poise for a freshman. That was about as hostile an environment as you could get today (from a crowd noise standpoint). He seems unflappable. As someone already pointed out, if he makes a bad play he just puts it behind him and moves on. I am very impressed with what he has shown as a guy that is just starting his career here. Just think about it: He has this season and three more years to develop after that. He truly has the potential to develop into one of our great qb's. That said, we need to keep a serviceable backup behind him just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets injured.

Maybe this is just me yearning for the good ole days, but I'm not sure that we'll need him to beat people with his arm. We have so many threats running the ball, and are doing it so well that we may be able to just keep moving the chains on the ground like the Husker teams of old.

We'll see. Based on how the PAC 10 is doing in non-conference play, we're going to see a significant step-up in speed in Big 12 play, so we'll learn more at that point.

Yeah, we certainly will see. I expected that it might have had to happen by now already. I'm not sure we will get back to those good old days. But, I suppose you never know.

Eh, I'm not sold on our O-line. I felt like Washington's defense was pretty weak, and I'm wondering if we'll be able to consistently run the ball on a better Big XII defense. I'm just not sure exactly what we saw today with our O-line...better and more consistent play from them or just poor play from Washington's defense.

Probably some of both, I suppose. I hope we can continue moving the ball on the ground against tougher defenses throughout the season.

He completed the passes he needed to for first downs. He must work on the motion for the future. I did like how he stood in the pocket without getting rattled.

more critique...he needs to STAND in the pocket...too many times it looked like he was walking with clown feet flopping everywhere...hope the staff gets his footwork down on pass attempts

I've never really endorsed one QB over the next because I've wanted to wait and see how they play, but I don't think there is any doubt that Martinez is the guy. His passing seems to be just as good as Lee's is and his running is obviously on a different plane. I felt like we were watching him mature through the course of the game - there was none of the hesitance we saw out of Lee or Green last year. When he messed up or made a bad decision or got sacked, he stepped right back up and continued on, which I think is a bigger marker of success than his 4 TDs. If he keeps this up he will be one of the greats.

:yeah