Your Top 5 (or 10)

epocSoN

I can only give a top 5, because after these five schools, I don't feel comfortable giving anybody a top 10 spot.

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. TCU

4. Oregon

5. Nebraska

TCU but no Boise?

I'd go with:

1) Ohio State

2) Alabama

3) Boise St.

4) Oregon

5) Nebraska

I give OSU the nod over Alabama because I think Miami is a better team than Penn St.

I'm basing this on the on-the-field performances. The win at Tennessee has them securely at #1

1. Oregon

2. Alabama

3. Nebraska

4. Oklahoma

5. TCU

6. Boise State

7. Utah

8. Ark

9. South Carolina

10. Stanford

Teams that have shown me nothing good so far:

Ohio State University

Texas

Florida

Wisconsin

These teams are rated based on their notoriety, not on their production. All of them look weak this year compared to their normal standards.

I'm basing this on the on-the-field performances. The win at Tennessee has them securely at #1

1. Oregon

2. Alabama

3. Nebraska

4. Oklahoma

5. TCU

6. Boise State

7. Utah

8. Ark

9. South Carolina

10. Stanford

Teams that have shown me nothing good so far:

Ohio State University

Texas

Florida

Wisconsin

These teams are rated based on their notoriety, not on their production. All of them look weak this year compared to their normal standards.

Oklahoma hasnt been consistent at all, they have played 1 good game against FSU...OSU has played three good games...Marshall, Miami, and Ohio

1. Alabama - til they get beat they are #1 in my book (they played the first 2 games without their two best guys (Ingram and that DT)

2. Oregon - Could be #1 but I think Saban is a better coach...

3. Nebraska

4. Ohio State

5. TCU

1. Alabama - Perhaps the best Bama offense I've seen. They have serious talent on D too but that unit is still inexperienced. They should be solid by year's end.

2. Ohio State - Tough to rank OSU this high given their history but they sure look the part in every phase of the game.

3. Oregon - I normally rank great defenses over great offenses and TCU has a better defense than Oregon - but right now I would have to bet on Oregon if they played today so that's how I am ranking them.

4. TCU - great team - especially defensively.

5. Nebraska - I think I had better expectations than the corn husker nation. You guys looked great last January - glad to see things have not let off.

6. Texas - great defensive coaches and as much talent as any team in the nation.

7. BSU - was not impressed with them against a very rough, inexperienced VT team. BSU did better today against weaker competition but BSU had an extra week to prepare and appear to be going for style points.

8. Oklahoma - would have had these guys 7th except for their close game against Airforce. They looked good against an FSU team that whipped BYU.

9. Arkansas - with one of the nation's best QB/Reciever Corps combos and a defense that's improved a lot, this team looks as good as most teams in the top 10 - and might be as high as 7th or 6th.

10. Florida - Florida's coaches like an offensive style that doesn't match their player's abilities. But Florida seems to be starting to wake up from their post Tebow funk.