The Hardest Question You Will Answer All Week

knapplc

The Hardest Question You Will Answer All Week  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are we going to do next year when we lose most of our secondary?

Amukamara

Gomes

Haag

Thenarse

Rely on experience of Dennard, Blue and Thorell and a talented group of youngsters (PJ Smith, Ciante, Green, Cooper, Bell, Washington and Middleton to name a few). No doubt we better enjoy the incredible corps of guys we have RIGHT NOW b/c there's no telling when we'll see a force like them again.

Amukamara

Gomes

Haag

Thenarse

Reload. Dennard returns. We bring in PJ Smith, Courtney Osborne, Andrew Green, Ciante Evans, etc. These guys have all had time with the Bros. Pelini and will do just fine.

I think we will do well, but I think it might take a year of having them play together before they are as good as our current secondary unit that we have starting now. I hope that I am wrong though

no vote for me but here is how i look at it. we have 4 really good players and several good players. the best part about this is if one isnt having a stellar game, someone else is and they can rotate the love every week. IMO and many of yours this is the best secondary unit in the country. Hagg had the big week this week. Gomes played well last week. who knows who is going to make the big plays this weekend and so on but the point is, is that we have a plethora of guys that can get the job done.

I think we will do well, but I think it might take a year of having them play together before they are as good as our current secondary unit that we have starting now. I hope that I am wrong though

We lose a lot of game starts, that's for sure. Prince has been starting forever. Gomes will have been nearly a two-year starter. Thenarse has been around since the Clinton administration. But that's why we brought all those young guys in and redshirted them. There will likely be a dropoff, but we'll have Compton, Fisher, David and Martin, plus The Stache, Steinkuhler, Crick and Ankrah up front to wreak havoc.

No matter what happens, it's not going to be easy to throw on us next year. It'll probably be more like 2009 where we had this crazy pass rush that gave QBs no time to throw instead of this year where you could take 10 seconds to find your receiver and it wouldn't matter because they'd still be blanketed. Front side of the DEF or back side, we're going to be damned hard to throw against next year.

We lose a lot of game starts, that's for sure. Prince has been starting forever. Gomes will have been nearly a two-year starter. Thenarse has been around since the Clinton administration. But that's why we brought all those young guys in and redshirted them. There will likely be a dropoff, but we'll have Compton, Fisher, David and Martin, plus The Stache, Steinkuhler, Crick and Ankrah up front to wreak havoc.

No matter what happens, it's not going to be easy to throw on us next year. It'll probably be more like 2009 where we had this crazy pass rush that gave QBs no time to throw instead of this year where you could take 10 seconds to find your receiver and it wouldn't matter because they'd still be blanketed. Front side of the DEF or back side, we're going to be damned hard to throw against next year.

Prince really came into his own last year, didn't he? In 2008, it was mostly Murillo and West, with Prince emerging over West as the year went on if I remember correctly.

That patchwork secondary in '08 with sophomores West, Hagg, Thorell, Prince...really growing into its own now. We'll take some licks after graduating Prince, Hagg, Gomes, but fortunately we will have Dennard to hold down one corner spot while we reload.

Amukamara

Gomes

Haag

Thenarse

Rely on experience of Dennard, Blue and Thorell and a talented group of youngsters (PJ Smith, Ciante, Green, Cooper, Bell, Washington and Middleton to name a few). No doubt we better enjoy the incredible corps of guys we have RIGHT NOW b/c there's no telling when we'll see a force like them again.

where's this guy even playing now? i remember he was a decently ranked recruit but never hear his name come up on the depth chart :dunno